• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Be sure to get your license to complain!

Started by glennab, November 03, 2008, 02:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

My beloved American OPR-sters, I BEG you to get out and vote tomorrow if you haven't already done so.  We're so fortunate to have the freedom to make our voices known.  There may be long lines, but that will be a wonderful sign that people care enough to endure a bit of discomfort and/or delay for an event that will profoundly impact us all .  Wear your "I Voted" sticker knowing that it gives you the authorization to carp your head off if you're not happy about the direction our country's taking. At least we'll all have been counted in one of the most important elections in our nation's history.  I wouldn't miss it for the world (and I live in Florida, heaven help me.  Can you say chad?????)!

If you choose not to vote, my opinion is that you have no business complaining about anything political for the next four years!  That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

Bless

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

PatW

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

It's hard for me to understand that voting is not compulsory over there like it is here. Mind you there are a lot more of you so I can't imagine the logistics of getting it all organised. I hope it goes well for you all.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

hoodman3

I,m voting for the first time in years. This one is a chance to get true change.
Please vote.

Pete
Windows XP, CS3

Charlene5

I voted last Thursday along with Himself, the Husband, and I have a sneaking suspicion that our votes canceled each other out.  We don't discuss polictics because I always get an overwhelming urge to strangle him  ;D

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Atlantis

Elections in so-called big countries have their impact on the smaller ones. My country is not very big and connected to the USA in many ways so we read, see and hear a lot of the USA-elections.

In my country you get the right to vote once you turn 18 and every election you receive a special card by mail to take with you when you go voting.
You don't need to register and/or get a license, it's totally automated.
( But there are sometimes funny glitches like children getting the polling card and also not so funny when a deceased person gets a card.
People immediately blame the system but I think if humans using the system make errors with the data, the system will not recognize these mistakes because machines are basically not very intelligent, they act as we tell them to. In spite of that I sometimes find myself talking to my pc as well  :crazy:
)

In both our families we consider it an obligation to use our right to vote for every election whether it's for the local council, the region, the country or europe (we also have elections for the european parliament). A lot of people only vote in the national elections and their local council and a growing amount of people doesn't use their right to vote at all because they feel disappointed by their gouvernement in some way.
I think the only way to change things is to at least use your right to vote.

The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

glennab

Good morning

Whoo hoo – I now have my license to gripe!  The polls were very busy, but moved quickly, and I was amazed at the good humor and camaderie among those voting while we were there (we talked to two 25-year-old guys for a while.  Boy do they live in a different world from that of us oldsters. Fascinating.)

Here's hoping our 500 pound gorilla (i.e. the U.S. government) finds a quiet place to munch bananas and give serious thought to its place in the lives of its citizens and especially its effect on the rest of the world.  I'm hoping for the best – whatever that might be. MJ, Hubby swore he canceled out my vote as well, but I think he was just trying to get a rise!   Huge hugs to all of you who voted and to the other citizens of the world who have to deal with our "gorilla." May we all have peace and abundance!

Bless

GK

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

PatW

We just got back from voting too.  Now we spend the rest of the day with our fingers crossed.  (Along with much of the world, I think.) 

pat

klassylady25

lurch

Hand-delivered the mail-in ballot that didn't get mailed in time - wore myself out in the process, but it's done. Yay! Now the pins and needles.
<C>
<C>

Dave

I'm proud to say that I did my job as an American yesterday.
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]