• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Advice/critique please

Started by recycledhippy, October 31, 2008, 12:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recycledhippy

Hi

This is my first effort at a restore at this level
I know its nowhere near complete
Am looking for some advice/critique if you wouldn't mind
I really am keen to do a 'good' one if possible

The main area I have concern about doing is the dress - but any advice welcome please?
Thank you
Hippy

TerryB

Hello recycledhippy.

Here's a thought starter for you.

Lots of healing brush until you get decent white/off-white area, then lots & lots of clone to clean up the white. Soft clone brush at 95% Opacity, 100% Flow, 0% hardness.  For the flowers and leaves, clone, and copy/paste/free transform until you get the random look as in the original.

Then add the folds and shadows/highlights, and modify the affected flowers and leaves with free transform as appropriate.

Hope this helps.

Here's Margie's terrific advice on the healing brush:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Atlantis,

The healing brush is one of my favorite tool for working on the skin because it blends all the colors together.  I use a setting of 57% hardness and 40% spacing for my healing brush. For the flesh/skin I use it set to normal. When there is a lot of white damage to the skin that you cannot see through in one of the channels, I switch to the "replace" mode and sample from the good areas replacing the white then blend it with the normal setting.   I don't use the other settings for the healing brush but I have tried them. The healing tool does not like areas with too much contrast such as edges so be careful in those areas.  You might try the clone stamp tool for that and speaking of the clone stamp tool, it has pretty much the same settings as the healing brush, however I do use the darken and lighten settings for that one.

Hope this helps a bit..................Mary
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

recycledhippy

Thanks Terry :up:

Looks if there is a long road ahead  :) :) :)

Hippy :) :)