• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Downloading and uploading to Photoshelter

Started by Tess (Tassie D), October 28, 2008, 10:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

When you receive your email invite to download a photo from Photoshelter simply click on the link in the email. This will take you to Photoshelter to log in.
Once you have logged in you should see your account page which looks like this.

Click on your name as indicated by the arrow. Your gallery will then open up. When you see the photo you have chosen, the last one if you have many in there just double click it so it opens on a page by itself. Below the photo you will see download. Click it and save to your computer.
After recent changes at Photoshelter you will see different choices for your download.

» Original file (2400x3000)
» JPEG - medium (1200 pixels)
» JPEG - small (600 pixels)

You will always want to pick "Original file," otherwise your photo will be at the wrong resolution.

When you have finished the photo and want to upload it, there are 2 choices.
Either go through this link http://www.photoshelter.com/usr/img-upload-org and log in to see the Upload to Photoshelter screen.

Follow the pointers on the next picture and click upload down the bottom of the page. You photo will then be uploaded to our archives.

Your second choice is to use the Photoshelter uploader as described HERE
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Thanks Tess, this was really needed! The bad news is that PhotoShelter is going to change again this week!

Margie

PS  I was just kidding about the change!   >:D
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

haleygd

Probably a silly newbie question.. In the OPR handbook it mentioned to add the Gallery owner's name in the brief description area when uploading. Being the ever forgetful one, I went back to look for it but I guess the photo is removed from the gallery when it is sent to a volunteer. I was then hoping the original invite may lend a clue...nope. So I have now created 4 working folders one for each gallery owner and when I download the photo I will store it in the correct folder so I know where it came from when it is time to return it.
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

haleygd

Ok, so I found a few more photos with the same name in Margie's gallery, but I am still going to keep the folders....
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Mhayes

Hi Haleygd,

If you forget which gallery you got your photo from, put the name of the family on your comment. It makes it easier for us to have the distributor's name, but this will work also. Thanks.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi haleygd. I use the folders all the time, one for each gallery, one for low resolution for posting to the forum for help and a completed folder where all completed photos go for uploading. That way my gallery folders don't get crowded. I lost count of how many times I forgot where they came from.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

greythinkers

Hi

After i have uploaded the photo, how can I view it??

Tess (Tassie D)

Once the restored photo is uploaded you can't view it, only distributors and QC can. You will get an email letting you know it has been received.
Once you get it approved you may post a copy of it in our gallery. http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php?action=gallery
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

pmartin74

Hi Tess,

I'd suggest adding your last comment to the handbook.  Unless I missed it, the handbook doesn't have a description about what happens next.

Also, should we wait to request a next photo until that one has been accepted?

Pat

Tori803

Yes, Pat, wait until you hear back from the distributor on the photo you uploaded. That's in case there is some tweaking to do on your restoration.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

hnrphoto

My photoshelter account looks nothing like this...

I have an upload button near my name, so I clicked that, and it uploaded my photo to a pre-made gallery called "Operation Photo Rescue" (But I didn't create this album myself, it was just there...and the album was empty.)

The album says anyone can view it, but only I can download. I tried to change the download settings to let OPR download the restored photo, but it says I need OPR's e-mail address or something.

Am I doing this right?? I don't think so..but I don't know what else to do.  it's my first upload :/

Thanks in advance for help!

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

hnrphoto

Mine looks nothing like that.

Don't know if this link will work for you, but here's where my uploaded photo is:

http://www.photoshelter.com/mem/images/#/l/G0000MdDbYKKRESo/
http://u000163497.photoshelter.com/image/I0000bbz4N6BD4Ds

My photoshelter page doesn't look anything like any of these tutorials in the forum. :/

~hollie

Mhayes

Holly,

A couple of quick questions:

1.  Have you left a comment on a photo you would like to restore and had an invitation back from the distributor? If so that email would have a link to your gallery and then you would download that photo to your hard drive.

2. Or are you looking to get to the galleries to put a comment on a photo you would like? If so while logged into the OPR Forum, look on the upper left hand side and click on the Phtoshelter link.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]