• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Finallly, I'm back at it!

Started by weewood, October 22, 2008, 06:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weewood

Its been awhile seen I posted any restorations, mainly because I had more worms and trojans on my system than I could count. Not sure how they got there, but they were there none the least. So, my system is back (as far as I know) and I'm running Photoshop CS4 Extended, and just love it. Still trying to find my way around the product, but will get there eventually. Well, here's my latest restore! Let me know what you think. Regards, David

David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Tess (Tassie D)

Beautiful job David. :up: I wonder if thats more of the brown stain on the girl's jeans?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi David

I see two things that I think should be addressed. First, I agree with Tess that the discoloration on the girl's jeans is an extension of damage.  Also, you might want to revisit the right (as we look at her) arm of the woman in pink. Since her hand does't show, I think all you'd need is to give more shadow to the inside of her lower arm for contour.  Right now it's not well defined enough, and it's difficult to see exactly where her arm is located.  Nice work as always, my friend!

Hugs!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

mschonher

Hi David,

You've done a splendid job on this one but I have a few suggestions.  The older ladies hair is too red. To tone it down I used a green color, the numbers just in case you want to do this are: R-33, G-42, B-24. I made a new layer and set it to color mode and filled it with the green, added a hide all layer mask and made the opacity to around 50%, you can play with this setting, then made the brush opacity about the same. I went over the ladies hair to tone it down but while I was zoomed in I also saw some shadows that were very red and toned those down too so wherever you see too much red brush over it.  I did the ladies eyes as well and the young girls hair. 

I think you did a great job on the background but felt it needed more color. I repeated the layer bit from above but sampled the blue from the right side of the background. Did the layer mask and brushed over the background and the young girls jeans. For this one I used a layer opacity of 81% and the brush opacity at about 50%. 

The red sweater looks orangey so I loosely selected it with the Lasso tool and put it on it's own layer.  I went to Image>adjust>color balance and moved the slider all the way to green and another one all the way to blue, hit OK.  On the layers palette move opacity to 63% and clean up spillover.  This made more visible damaged areas on the sweater than need cleaning up.  I've circled some other ones as well.  I replaced the damaged areas on the sweater by stealing from the good areas with the lasso tool at about 5 pixels.

I hate to disagree with our dear Kracken but I think the far left arm is fine.

Hope this helps.........Mary

weewood

I hope this is to every ones liking......

p.s. The photo looks like it has more blue than it really does (especially the faces). I don't know why?

Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

kiska

Yeah they do look blue here. I made a copy of the image, changed it to cmyk and did a curves. On the curves, in each channel, I increased the yellow, decreased the cyan. Copy/pasted on top of your restore and added a color layer to paint back the blue in the jeans.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Johnboy

Dave,

Things are looking good. To me the highlights on the girl's sweater on the left, and her face and the face of the woman in the background look washed out. I wonder if they would look better slightly darkened. I notice more detail in the original than I see in the restoration in those areas.

Johnboy

weewood

Okay, I taken another shot at this. I think it looks pretty good, but I want it to pass inspection first. Let me know what you think?

Regards, David
David J. Davis

Hannie

Hi David,

I'm still using the small netbook (10 inch screen but very clear) so it is a little hard to look at detail but from what I can see it looks really good!
The girl on the left, her sweater was blown out before and now it shows much more detail and color.
I also like the color of the lady's hair, I think it does have that reddish blond color to it.

Great job,  :up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]