• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

First restoration .. question

Started by Deborahjc, October 21, 2008, 01:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deborahjc

Is this ready to return?  I had trouble with the ladies feet so decided to cut off the bottom (just a little).  I decided that the blob on the right was damage that didn't belong and not damaged hair.  What do you think? 

Thanks for your help!  I have already learned a lot from my first picture!  Thanks to all the posters who have shared so much great information!

Deb

lurch

Great progress! (I've been working on several snapshots from this event myself.) A few details need attention still, however. That blob on the right appears to be not damage but the hair belonging to the lady in the flowered dress. The picture over the kitchen door is much taller (no way you could know that based on just one view) and there is a speaker thingy up high just to the right (our left) of the stage. The lady in blue could use a bit of red-eye reduction. And the dark rectangle above flowered-dress-lady's shoulder is curtain. I've made a replacement curtain file from one of the other views that I'll be happy to share with you if you'd like. Just holler.

Here's one that I've already sent in, that maybe you can use to settle some of those details.

<C>

Deborahjc

Thanks Lurch!  I would like to have a copy of the curtain if you dont mind.  I am trying to finish this before I go away on holiday.  But there are a few problems like the darned yellow spots on the face of the young boy and the trousers of the guy dancing in the middle.  Any idea how to get rid of them? 

lurch

Here's the curtain - hope this works for you.

As far as the yellow spots go, you can always just zoom way in and clone (for the face) or use the healing brush in replace mode (for the pants). There really isn't an easy way that I know of for this particular photo. Good luck!
<C>

vikjohn

I couldn't help but notice your username (lurch) ... I hadn't heard that name in a while. I use to know someone who went by that name back in Illinois. I'm also new to OPR or acutally coming back to OPR. I started when they first came up but just didnt' have the time.  V