• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Spot Check

Started by lurch, October 14, 2008, 10:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurch

I thought this was going to be an easy one - damage just on the edges, Yeah, right! But you veterans already know about those little surprises. It took longer than expected, to say the least. Since I've gotten to the point where I see spots where there are none, it's time for fresh eyes.

Also, a request for opinion: that brown hemispherical thing on the lectern table - is it an object (purse, toy, . . .) or is it damage? So far I've treated it as an object that belongs there because it seems too regular-shaped for damage, with that flat bottom and all.

And the dark rectangular thingy above the door (a heating vent?) I'm not happy with. Any suggestions to make it more realistic/less obtrusive will be gratefully accepted. If it were my photo I'd just paper over it, but it's not my photo.

<C>

klassylady25

Lurch, the only thing that jumps out at tme is the white line going across the ships sails.   Great work on the stripes BTW!!

Candice

Tess (Tassie D)

Beautiful job Lurch. :up: I agree with Candy about the line on that photo. It could have been caused by the flash but I'd take it out anyway. Doesnt look natural.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

lurch

Went back and forth with myself several times about that white line. In the end I decided it was reflection from a fluorescent light. I'm more than happy to take it out, though - I too like it better that way.

Now about that heating vent . . .
<C>

klassylady25

Heat vent, doesn't draw the eye.  Looks good like you have it. IMHO (In my humble opinion)

lurch

Took the reflection out and found a few more spots. Pays to come back to an image after a quiet time. Big zoom also helps.

How's this look?

What draws my eye now is the lectern. Too saturated?   :-\ Me, I'm not obsessive, really . . .
<C>

klassylady25

LOL No, you're not really!!   ;)  Create a color layer and pick the color from the sliding doors.   Try it at about 50% opacity and see if that works.

lurch

Just desat'd the lectern about 30%. Not quite as obtrusive now, and the hue is more or less preserved. I feel better  :). Good suggestion about the door color, Candy. Didn't try it because the desat worked for me, but I'm going to experiment with it anyway, to add it to the arsenal.

<C>