• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Latest Restoration

Started by hoodman3, October 14, 2008, 08:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodman3

Critiques welcome. Sending it back tomorrow with a few adjustments that I still want to make.

Thanks in advance.

Pete
Windows XP, CS3

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Pete, that looks great. :up: The only thing I noticed is it looks a bit too orange compared to the original on my monitor.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

lurch

Great job fixing the edge damage. Color balance is way warm on my monitor too.
<C>

klassylady25

Third times a charm on the "warmth" of the picture but I love the rest!! 

Candice

hoodman3

Thanks all for your comments. Here's what I've got so far. Any last comments?

Thanks in advanced.
Pete
Windows XP, CS3

Hannie

Hi Pete, what a great restore!   :up2:
The levels adjustment on these ones are hard to do.  You latest version appears a little washed out but that could be my (father in law's) monitor!
It looks like your earlier version has better contrast but is just a little too yellow.  Have you tried to reduce the yellow some (in the reds) in a selective color adjustments layer, that sometimes works for me.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

lurch

It looks good to me! Impressive job.
<C>

mschonher

Hi Pete, wonderful job on this photo but I agree with Hannie Banannie that the first version was clearer. This one looks hazy on my monitor.

Mary

glennab

Mary,

Hannie Banannie?  I don't know where that came from, but I love it!  I think we should make that the official handle of our beloved Dutch muck monster!

Pete, I'm getting a washed-out look on both my monitors as well (home and work), but you did a wonderful job on the restoration.  Cooling the colors a bit made quite a difference.  Maybe it needs just a bit more contrast.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

hoodman3

Thanks again for all of your comments. Hannie I made the changes and uploaded tonight.

Pete
Windows XP, CS3

Hannie

Thanks Pete, got it and looks great!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]