• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Cute Baby almost ready - details to work on

Started by Atlantis, October 14, 2008, 06:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Mary, as always, you've pulled out a masterpiece.  It's beautimus!  She doesn't look as if she's floating now.

Hugs

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Atlantis

Thank you Mary, it looks perfect. Now "all" I need to do is recreate it on the highres and sent her home. I'll study it closely before starting my attempt.
It is very obvious now that you are a skilled painter and I have little talent for this part of restoring photos. But like all my previous restores it will add to my learning curve.
I wonder if you can recomment any special brushes, sizes and things like that.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

jneil2

Hi Atlantis,
This baby is the final image in the family order, so that means it won't be long before this family gets their treasured photos returned to them.  Thanks for posting it, it looks great,

Jan

Atlantis

I tried and tried, restarted and tried again but it keeps looking horrible. I picked the colours from the different shades and use them on different layers having Mary's fabulous example as a reference but there is obviously something wrong with me & my brushsettings as I cannot get the strokes look realistic even though I used a very low opacity as to build up the shadows from big light areas to the smaller darker parts. I'm afraid I see how it's done but my hand/pen fails me.
I thought of cheating by copy-pasting her shadows on my base but the sizedifference made that option impossible.
Now I reached my frustrationlimit so I sent her back to Jan without the shadows hoping she will find a better painter, maybe Mary can help out, to do the finishing touch.

Sorry  :'(
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

mschonher

Marga, don't  beat yourself up over this one little glitch.  It's just lucky that I have some experience painting on canvas and paper and that helps me with these photos.

Is is possible to put my image up to the same res as the original by adding the exact pixel measurements to it?  Wouldn't that be a simple solution?  Then you could move onto another photo and practice using some of the brushes I've recommended in the past.

The one free brush from Furiae.com  is very good,go to the website then tutorials for it.
Nagel brushes are free, I like series 27 and 42 for backgrounds
Starry dust brushes are also free, just google the name.

Hope this helps...........Mary