• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Critique_Could I be a pain again!!!!!

Started by recycledhippy, October 14, 2008, 07:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

recycledhippy

Another for critique please

Thanks
Hippy

Hannie

Hi Hippy,

You have done a beautiful restore, well done!  :up2:
I would suggest you do not use the NeatImage on the end result.  It makes the photo look too plastic-like and a fair amount of still good detail is also lost. 

The best way to get rid of the final bits of damage and spots is unfortunately also the most boring part of any restore:  zoom in at least at 100% (I use 150%) and spot heal (or clone) any damage that is still visible.  It is a lot of work but the end result will be amazing!

(It is possible to use NeatImage but at much lower setting so it is less destructive to the details on your restore.)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

Spots, spots, see the spots. This is at 150%.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

recycledhippy

Hi Kiska

Sorted and posted

Thx  :up: :up: :up:
Hippy

mschonher

Hi Hippy,

Be sure to work in "full screen mode"  Do this by hitting the "F" key 2 times, to go back to the smaller version just hit the F key again.  Working in full screen mode you will not miss any of those damn spots.

Also I'd like to point out that the photo is too soft and blurry which then causes the subjects to loose the character in their faces.....aka.......wrinkles!  It looks unnatural.  There are other ways to soften a photo.  One I like to use is duping the photo in the layers palette,  Add a filter "dust and Scratches" about 2.0  Then add to that a Guasian Blur around 2.0 and then finally add "Grain"  which is at the bottom of the filter list under "Texture".. Use enlarged grain, no contrast and set it to about 6% up to 10%  Click ok.  Now add a hide all layer mask.  Use a soft brush to go over the face being very careful not to remove too much detail.  Stay away from the eyes, nose and lips.  Adjust the size of the brush as needed.  You can adjust your work with the opacity slider or if you hate it just delete the whole layer.

Good luck and I hope this helps........Mary

mschonher

Hippy I forgot to tell you than when you are using the soft brush to go over the faces watch the setting for the brush.  I never use 100% for this, start somewhere from 40 to 50% as a starting place.

Mary

recycledhippy