• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A bit confused/critique

Started by recycledhippy, October 13, 2008, 09:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

recycledhippy

Hi

Am finding myself a little confused by the young lads t-shirt
Cant seem to work out what pattern it should be
Anyone wanna guess??

As always - any other advise welcome

Hippy

old.geezer

It looks to me that the little girl has a scarf or loose fitting jumper that is draping over the boys shoulder as the pattern matches her jumper.
If it were up to me I would remove that and continue with the pattern of the shirt, but that might not be allowed here. :-\

You do have a quick turnaround don't you...... :)

My old eyes cant stand too long at once :-[

Pete
Pete Bird

Atlantis

I can imagine thinking of a loose scarf or sleeve but a the same time it looks so flat to be loose to me. It starts making my wonder as well.

I do think the original (skin)colours look more natural and that they somehow changed into something more yellowish/greenish.
After applying the levels (adjust every single channel) and curves tricks of colour correction (I did not find them listed with the turorials yet - if you need them >> curves are explained very well by Glenna, levels I learned from Katrin Eismans book) they stayed almost the same as the original at my pc so you might want to have another look at the colours yourselve.

Recreating bodyparts, especially faces, is hard. I can see you are well on your way and the good thing is there are people around here that could point out exactly how to improve the difficult parts like the position of the new ear and the cheekline of the youngest model.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

recycledhippy

My first 'draft' for critique

Hippy

I hope you dont mind my postings for critique   :halo:

Mhayes

Hi Hippy,

You are doing a great job on this one! I would remove the design of the girl's sweater on the boy's shirt. I think this was a case of water damage and the design migrating down. It would look better to replace it with the stripes on the shirt, which you have done a good job of restoring. The other thing that catches my eye is the boy's head, which needs more contrast on your right to show shadows like the two girls. This will make his face more dimensional.

Keep posting, we love to critique!  ;D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

recycledhippy