• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

hair work in progress

Started by Ratz, October 12, 2008, 07:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratz

Would like some feedback on the hair in this image..
http://picasaweb.google.com/vickisewell/OPR02?authkey=xhvPGyzYhfY#5256387653747822162
Mary, i would love to hear your comments as you are without a doubt the queen of hair-dos :up:
Just use the next button in Picasa to see before and after.
Thanks so much, Vicki.

kiska

Lookin' good! If you do a levels adjust. it will add a little pop.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Tess (Tassie D)

Thats coming along great Ratz. :up: It's a beautiful glamour photo.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

Hi Vicki,

She looks beautiful Vicki, great job!  I just love the glamour shots!

I agree with Kiska about the our left side of the hair needing some depth.  I've had a lot of pics with that haze on it.  What I do is dupe the layer and set the blending mode to multiply, then add a hide all layer mask.  I adjust the opacity of the multiply until it matches the other good darks, this is usually somewhere in the 30's setting.  Then just use a soft white brush to correct the haze.

Hope this helps.........Mary   :hug:

Ratz

Thanks so much, Mary,Tess and Kiska, that helps a lot! That haze was driving me crazy, thanks for the info :up:
I knew you could sort it out for me.

Ratz

Okay, I think she is finished, could you check this out please and see what you think..
http://picasaweb.google.com/vickisewell/OPR02?authkey=xhvPGyzYhfY#5256475580584043378

Tess (Tassie D)

That is absolutely beautiful Ratz. Send that gal on home. :up:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

Vicki, she looks perfect!  Great job...........Mary   :hug:

glennab

Vicki, I've been watching progress on this one, but haven't had much to contribute, since you seemed to have things perfectly under control.  Still, I wanted to add my kudos to everyone else's.  A gorgeous restoration on a stunning portrait.

Bless

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Vicki, she looks beautiful!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]