• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Critique while I zzzzzzzzzzzz

Started by recycledhippy, October 11, 2008, 05:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recycledhippy

A quickie b4 I go to sleep

Hippy

laportelj

it' looking good, the one thing I notice is the detail on the baby's clothes is gone you might use the magic wand tool on the original to pick up only those clothes copy it and paste then play with it to get some detail back there before merging.
Happy restoring,
Jane

lurch

Nice job overall. Couple of observations: while the original is contrasty this version is more so - darks are plugged and lights are blown; you missed one spot on the sofa where the arm meets the back.
<C>

Atlantis

I completely lost my post while checking the pic I wanted to add to show the things I talked about.
A short summary : I think you lost parts of the photo (like the lamp and the photoframe) in your masking when working on the wall.
Also I think the bedpostlike thing on the bed is transparant so one should see the wall in the same colour and I think the thing hanging there might be damage.

Good luck when you wake up to continue this one.

edited to add : I tried a little healing & pixelsized cloning on separate layers and zoomed to at least "actual pixels"  to see if it would be possible to avoid the blurred painted look and yes it's timeconsuming but possible (my example is far from finished as is obvious to see but I only spent 10 minutes on it to test my theory)
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

glennab

Hi RH

I'd take another look at the paneled headboard behind the bed and get the obvious cloning and repair covered.  There's a lot of good grain left on the original, so with some judicious patching & healing, you wouldn't have to replace much of it.  I also think your edges are a bit smooth between the solid objects and the wall, especially the headboard and the frame.

What I see when I look at the little object at the corner of the white item on the headboard is a cloth toy stuffed into it with just the head visible.  I see ears, a nose and eyes as if it were on an angle with the top of the head facing us.  No clue what the object itself is.

You're really humming along with the restorations!  Fine work.  I think you're probably in my position; the eyes just get so fatigued that one can't see the forest for the trees.  That's what the rest of the crew takes care of for us.

Cheers

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)