• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Critique plz

Started by recycledhippy, October 11, 2008, 03:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recycledhippy

Hi

After my last failure could someone look over this latest

Hippy

Mhayes

Hippy, I think this looks great!  :up: Don't ever look at your work as a failure, because you learn something on ever restore you do. All of us have photos that didn't work for us. You are doing great!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Johnboy

Looks good. The one suggestion I would make is to raise the contrast slightly. The whites look a little blown out. By that I mean they are too light and don't have much detail especially the white portions on the children's shirts and the packages in the foreground. Maybe a slight burn in those areas may help also. It just needs something to knock them back a little in my opinion.

Johnboy

Mhayes

Hi Hippy, one thing that caught my eye on closer inspection is the tip of the Christmans tree on the upper left hand corner. See if you can use more of the bottom of the tree with the green color, rather than cloning the damaged brown area. You will find that the patch tool can help smooth out your clone marks. Just a minor pick and you are doing a good job with this one.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

old.geezer

Hippy, I think your work is really great.
The Comment about the Christmas tree, I think when you blow it up I'm sure that the boards show further, as in the link below. I did this while my grand daughter had us up from 4 am so I just did a quick job just to show you what I mean.   Going for a lay down now she has gone home. ( I'm too old for small kids, so glad I can give them back )

Just my opinion. Its just what I noticed ::)

Pete
Pete Bird

recycledhippy

Thanks everyone

critiques acted on and posted

Thanks again

Hippy