• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

First try at a rescue - not sure I am cut out for this...

Started by Joseph_H, October 06, 2008, 08:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph_H

Hi all, I really thought this photo wasn't going to be too bad, but for a first one, I think I might be in over my head.  I'd appreciate any ideas/comments about the following:

Original:

Start of rescue:

Thank you,
-Joe

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum. I think we've all said we weren't cut out for this. You sure picked a hard one to start with.
It's coming along nicely and the baby's face is looking really good. Could do with a tiny bit of shading on the left.
I'd get rid of the small white section up the top of the photo as it was part of a frame or something. As there isnt any more of it visible its safe to extend the background up over it.
The only thing you could do with the rest of the baby's clothing is just give a hint of the pattern thats visible on the right sleeve?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

GP

Hi Joe,
you took a tough one for your first project. But you are off to a good start. I also think the baby's face looks really good. I do disagree with Tassie, though on the baby's clothing ( sorry Tassie   :)). The way I see it is, that the baby is wrapped in a planky and it's pulled all the way up almost to the chin. So you can't really see the pattern in the front. I may be wrong, but this is open to discussion.

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro