• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Second restore - seeking suggestions and feedback

Started by JamesK, October 06, 2008, 01:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesK

This is my second OPR restore - it got a lot more involved than I first thought.  I'd like more experienced restorers to advise me on what to do next with this photo.  Thanks in advance.

Original

Current version

Tess (Tassie D)

Thats coming along really well James. I can see a lot of bluish haze around the ladies hair/bouquet and the guy's jacket/forehead. I'd color pick the areas and paint a soft layer to cover it over. Not sure how you do that in PS.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

James,,,,It looks like the gentleman's hand (next to the flowers) is purple. This link might help http://www.great-landscape-photography.com/remove-purple-fringing.html. Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

JamesK

Thanks for the input.  I'll make the changes suggested.  After the items were pointed out, I can see them easily. 

FayRatta

I worked on this couple in another restore (my first) and I can say with confidence that the man's hand IS ACTUALLY purple.

OK. Well, maybe not. But I had a wretched time with his hand! I purposely chose not to work on them again.

Fay

JamesK

This photo sure took a lot more time than I originally thought - I learned a lot from doing this one, but I also won't be looking for another of this couple to work on.  I'm ready to move on to underestimating a different kind of damage to restore.

Charlene5

Quote from: JamesK on October 08, 2008, 10:27:23 PM
This photo sure took a lot more time than I originally thought - I learned a lot from doing this one, but I also won't be looking for another of this couple to work on.  I'm ready to move on to underestimating a different kind of damage to restore.

Oh James that's the rule.  They don't look so bad in the gallery but the minute that Hi-Res download starts and you get a good view of the scope of the mess you know that you've been had again :D

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]