• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I'm a failure

Started by recycledhippy, October 05, 2008, 01:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recycledhippy

Hi

Sorry to be an absolute pain (Its an age thing I reckon)

I am trying to paste a photo and my restore for critique
My problem is I cannot attech the photos :-[ :-[ :-[
Could some kind person advise

Hippy

glennab

Not to worry, RH, we've all been through this one.  You'll need an account with one of the photo hosting sites (our most-used ones are listed directly under the handbook logo at right.  It's free.  Establish your user name and password, and you'll have a gallery into which you can pull your images for posting. Your gallery page will pretty much walk you through what to do.  You "browse" your computer to find the photo  you want to upload, select it, and it'll become part of your gallery.  Choose the bottom html address, it's automatically copied.  Then you can paste the address into your thread and once you actually post, the image will appear.   I use photobucket and have had no problems with my gallery at all. Good luck.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Hi Hippy,

Shape up man! You are not a failure and not being a spring chicken myself, you can't use the age card. (unless you are over 100). It takes awhile to understand all the ins and outs of the system. I think where you are having a problem is thinking that you can attach a photo like you would to an email. First quest is whether you are trying to move your photo from a photo sharing site as what you see on the upper left hand corner. Because I use photobucket, I will show you the steps I use. These sites are free, but you will have to join them first.

1.  Upload your image from your hard drive to photobucket or one of the other photo sharing sites.
2.  Once you have your photo in their system, look below the photo for 4 different links
3.  You want the bottom or 4th link to be able to post to a forum or blog--click on that link
4.  You will see the link light up and say "save," which means that you will be able to come back to the forum and right click "paste" to have a direct link to your photo.

Don't give up, if need be I will do some screen shots to work you through.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

GP

Hi Hippy and welcome to OPR!

Most people have this problem when they first start to post. So don't get discouraged. What you have to do is as follows:

ick a image hosting site like "Photobucket", " ImageShack", "Picasa", "PBase" ( see the links on the left hand side of this web page).

Sign up for a free account and upload your image. Copy the provided link [IMG]http:/.... to your image into your post and there you go.

Let me know if you need more help.

Gerlinde

Darn it, Glenna you beat me...  :mad: ;D and you too, Margie! I have to learn to type faster.  :funny:
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Mhayes

Gerlinde, age before beauty!  ;D
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]