• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A Real Cutie

Started by klassylady25, September 29, 2008, 04:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klassylady25

I'm still around and working just not posting as much and my good friend Glenna told me, so I thought I'd let you see a cutie that I just finished.   Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here!!     :loveit:

mitzs

Candice he is a darling and you did a good job on him. I have a question though. I see in the orginal picture it is white on both of the outside edges. Do you think that would have been some kind of vinette back then? Did I spell that right?

Ratz

WOW! Candy I just love a cutie in uniform!

Tess (Tassie D)

He is such a sweetie Candy. You've done a wonderful job on him. :up:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

Quote from: mitzs on September 29, 2008, 05:40:41 PM
Candice he is a darling and you did a good job on him. I have a question though. I see in the original picture it is white on both of the outside edges. Do you think that would have been some kind of vignette back then? Did I spell that right?

Actually, I don't think that it was a vignette.  It's was the photographers way to finish the picture, but then someone that is a photographer may have some thoughts of it too.  It was not on the feet or top, that's for sure.  I just loved it when I saw it and couldn't pass up the little soldier!! 

glennab

Candy, you did a wonderful job on this beautiful little guy.  Just can resist a man in uniform.

Hugs,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Great job Candy, cute little guy!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

You've got that right Glenna!  Can't be help.  Well there might have been a few that I've passed up, but not many.  Now are we talking pictures or real? 
You'll never know!!

glennab

Either works for me, Candy.  I love the old photos of our soldiers from the World Wars, but a live guy in a uniform always catches my eye.  (Hey, I'm old.  Not dead!)
When I was 16 or 17, my Dad was stationed aboard the air craft carrier Intrepid, which spent a lot of time in the Mediterranean.  When the ship would come back to port in Norfolk after months away, the rails would be jammed with Navy guys waving and hollering.  SMORGASBORD!  At that age, I was enthralled.

An aside: I'm reading John McCain's book, Faith of My Fathers, and ironically he flew from the Intrepid at the same time my dad was on the ship. (Good read, BTW).  Next book: one of Senator Obama's.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

Ahhhh, now you made me drool!!  That wasn't nice!  LOL   SMORGASBORD!

mitzs

Quote from: Candice on September 29, 2008, 09:53:30 PM

Actually, I don't think that it was a vignette.  It's was the photographers way to finish the picture, but then someone that is a photographer may have some thoughts of it too.  It was not on the feet or top, that's for sure.  I just loved it when I saw it and couldn't pass up the little soldier!! 

hmmm, I have a couple of friends who are photographers maybe I can lure them over and see what they think.

Yes,Yes, please come in and sit down. Here is the photo I was talking about. Would you like something to drink?
The doors? Whats the matter with our doors? Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. You must become a member to get the keycode if you ever want to leave.  >:D >:D <insert evil laugh here>

mitzs

Quote from: Candice on September 30, 2008, 09:45:55 AM
You've got that right Glenna!  Can't be help.  Well there might have been a few that I've passed up, but not many.  Now are we talking pictures or real? 
You'll never know!!

Me thinks Candice has a story or 2 to share here. Ok give over woman. Details! We want DETAILS!!! ::)

glennab

Candy, when I say SMORGASBORD, I'm talking THOUSANDS of beautiful swabbies and midshipmen.  I had a few crushes (understatement!).  Dad loved to watch me in action, and he got a kick out of the fact that some of the junior officers were interested in me.  It was great fun.  Man, that was HUNDREDS of years ago!  But it was fun for a shy teenager in the midst of a monstrous ship with gorgeous men popping out of hatches and hanging out on the carrier deck.  TOTAL adolescent HEAVEN!

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)