• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

To keep hand writing or not -that's the question

Started by mawgwet, September 26, 2008, 10:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mawgwet

Well I'd like to show you what I'm talking about. But I don't know how to do it.
Very old image (50's), enormous amount of white dots. (almost finished cleaning those up)
White frame (used to be), Obvious handwriting on the back bled through. It says "Gail (1) YR"  -- I've gotten that reversed
-- Just don't know if I should bother, but I think maybe it could be meaningful to the owner.  Opinion? Be back later. Thanks.

Mhayes

Hi Mawgwet,

Yes, I would definitely keep the hand writing in as it does carry meaning to the owner. Did you need some pointers on how to use photobucket (or imageShack, picasa) to store pictures that you want to post on the forum for viewing? I would be happy to post some screen shots to walk you through.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

Mawgwet,

The handwriting could be stain from the photo stacked above it when they were submerged in water.  Can't imaging too many people writing reversed besides Da Vinci.  In that case, I would suggest removing it.

Shujen
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Shujen, good point as I didn't catch the part about the writing being reversed. In that case, go ahead and remove it.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mawgwet

I hadn't thought about that. It looks like it bled through from the back. The image is of a little one looking like it probably is a 1st birthday. That is why I thought it bled through from the back. Thanks for the quick reply