• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Flickr and photo hosting question

Started by FayRatta, September 22, 2008, 12:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FayRatta

I have a Flickr account that I'm using to link my images to. But I'm wondering...Flickr has a pretty strict "don't post it if it's not yours" rule. Anybody have any problems with this? I'm also wondering if I should be putting someone's picture on there without their knowing it. I've also got a smugmug account but for whatever reason don't use it as much.

Thanks
Fay

Mhayes

Hi Fay,

Thanks for asking and your concerns are valid. When we do copy runs and collect photos, we have the owners sign a paper giving OPR the permission to use and display of said photographs in any publication, multimedia production, display, advertisements or internet publication." Occasionally we will have members ask for permission to enter their work in competition. To do this, we must first ask permission of the owner. As to flickr, we have others that use them to upload their image back to our forum with no problem. We ask that everyone who has their OPR restores on another gallery, remove the person's name from the extension (Example: SmithN_) and also remove the personal information that is found under File>File Info. You may also remove that information by creating a new file and dropping in your restored file, since the personal information will not carry over.

Hopes this helps.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

klassylady25

Quote from: FayRatta on September 22, 2008, 12:44:44 PM
I have a Flickr account that I'm using to link my images to. But I'm wondering...Flickr has a pretty strict "don't post it if it's not yours" rule. Anybody have any problems with this? I'm also wondering if I should be putting someone's picture on there without their knowing it. I've also got a smugmug account but for whatever reason don't use it as much.

Thanks

Flickr is pretty easy on that rule, as most of the people that post there, use it for family and friends.  Just don't keep the Exif information on the pics.  I have a "members" account and love it.    www.flickr.com/clearimage

Candice