• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Happy Birthday Johnboy

Started by Mhayes, September 15, 2008, 09:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Hope you have a great birthday Johnboy.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Johnboy,

Congratulations!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Johnboy

Thanks everyone. It is nice to see something good for a change. We have had a touch of Ike here in Ohio. The southwest area has wide spread darkness. There were winds around 84 miles per hour (135 K/hr) and down. There are 84 of 88 Ohio counties with some kind of storm damage. Our electric was out for 31 hours so I can image what the people in Texas are doing. We have city utilities but those in the county and surrounding counties will be a couple more days to the end of the week before power gets back on. Duke Energy in Cincinnati called back their crews from Texas and called in extra crews from South Carolina. Most of the damage in this area is from fallen trees and missing shingles on the roofs. Around town it looks like a war zone from the fallen trees and parts of trees. From the local happening, I can start see what you folks saw on the copy runs, but only worse. One good thing is that we did not get any rain out of this and none is forecast for the rest of the week. So those which damaged houses won't have to worry about water damage at this time.

Thanks for the birthday greetings. Plan to celebrate with the family on Saturday.

Johnboy

glennab

Hi JB

So sorry you were affected by Ike.  That stinker really cut a swath through the country.  Happy to hear you didn't have water damage on top of everything else!

I hope you have a most wonderful birthday tomorrow and that your celebration Saturday with your family is a great one. I know I'm glad you're here.

I love this. I seldom get to say what my closest friends always tell me on my birthday.  Are you ready?  NO MATTER HOW OLD I GET, YOU'LL ALWAYS BE OLDER THAN ME.

Damn, that felt good! (You only have a couple years on me, old guy!)

Many hugs!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Hi Johnboy,

Have a great Birthday.

Hope you don't have to spend too much of it cleaning up the yard.

After Glenna's snide remarks I can only offer comfort by informing you that when you reach my age - I'll still be older. :funny:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Johnboy

QuoteI love this. I seldom get to say what my closest friends always tell me on my birthday.  Are you ready?  NO MATTER HOW OLD I GET, YOU'LL ALWAYS BE OLDER THAN ME.

Glenna, that is what my wife tells me to.

QuoteAfter Glenna's snide remarks I can only offer comfort by informing you that when you reach my age - I'll still be older

Max, being older is better than the alternative. In my teen years I wondered what would be better to be alive and not have mental capacity or be alive and be be able to get around. I have come to realize as life went on that the later is better. My wife's parental grandmother lived to be 109 and her mind was sharp to the end, but had difficulty being mobile. At this point I have both so I'll take what I have an kept on truckin'.

Johnboy