• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

First, let me appologize....

Started by Pelican, August 17, 2008, 11:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelican

For being gone so long. I got slammed a couple months ago and have had almost no spare time.

Sometime back I told Christine that this was almost done. All that was left was to draw in a plackette and touch up some shadows. Well, I just got back to it. I think its pretty close. If you have any opinions or suggestions I would certainly love to hear them!

DavieBoyDave

Hi Pelican,

Great so far!!! Looks like a very difficult one...

Just a couple of things... There seems to be a lighter (grey) area around him, almost like a glow, especially around the outline of the hat and his left shoulder.
Also his left eye (our right) looks kind crossed - I think it may be the large white patch close to his nose bridge...

Apart from that, looks very good from here...

Dave.

Pelican

Ooops! I know just what you're talking about and forgot to fix it. My monitor is calibrated to the printers that I use and it doesn't even show. It won't show in print either but I'll fix it anyway in case. Thanks!

Hannie

Curtis, no need to apologize.  We're glad to see you back on the forum! What do you mean by "slammed"?  (I'm just an ignorant foreigner  ;D)
Terrific job you did on this doozy!
I have a suggestion for the background, It seems like it could have been more blueish than black.
What do you think?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

You've done a great job on this one Curtis. :up: I agree with Dave on his left pupil. It needs to come in closer to the nose.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pelican

Ha! Hannie, being slammed means that I had so much low paying work to do that I woke up many mornings still in front of the computer with an imprint of the keyboard on my forehead.  ;D

I do think that the blue you put in the bg looks nice but I couldn't find it in the original. The closest thing to blue was hex1e2326, still pretty black. I put it in though...

Does the eye look alright now? I originally (months ago) flipped his right eye over to the left and forgot to shade the white and move the flash reflection.

curtis

Hannie

Join the club Curtis, although I would be more careful with that keyboard if I were you!   ;D

The eye looks better now, to make it look even better you could add a little more of the dark and light shading near the corner of the eye next to the nose, use the original as an example.

BTW, when I did a quick levels I got a blue background.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pelican

Lol, I guess that explains why the bubbles are blue-ish :up:

Added blue gradient to bg and fixed the eye morely. I'm sending it home! Thanks for all the input!!  :)

DavieBoyDave

Looks great Curtis!

One little thing - It might be your monitor again, but there is a light patch to the right (our left) of his hair and hat...
The far left panel of his hat and the hair that side both look a little faded...

Apart from that I like it! :)

Dave.

Johnboy

Curtis,

Welcome back. I hope your "getting slammed" wasn't a slam dunk. That could hurt.

To me the left eye (our right) looks slightly larger than the other eye. I know you copied and flipped it but something just doesn't look right to me. I didn't notice it until I read Hannie's reply and it seemed to jump out. Maybe it is an illusion, but thought I would mention it.

Looks great otherwise.

Johnboy

Pelican

There is something thats creating an illusion there. Even though I've uploaded this, I'm going to see if I can find whats happening.

For example, his left iris looks larger than the right? I've measured them on the screen and they're the same size. I'll see if I can figure that out cuz I've noticed it too since I started working so closely on them. Dang! When it comes to somebody's face, the tiniest thing can make such a big difference.

Johnboy

The little things can be the most frustrating. Looking at your last picture post again, could it be that the corner of the copied eye near the nose is a little lower than the other eye. Can you go back and compare the sized of the copied eye to the damaged eye?

I hijacked the last photo post, and free transformed the left eye to align the corners and slightly reduce the size. The starting photo is on the left and the transformed eye photo is on the right. Also I did a hurried job of filling skin tone in around the moved eye so things are not matching up great in that department.

Johnboy

mschonher

I think that rotating that eye was the magic bullet.  Great work!

Mary

Pelican

Mhayes

Curtis, this looks great and the eyes came out perfect!  :up: I received your upload back to PhotoShelter--Thanks.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]