• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Aussie Members Only.

Started by Ausimax, July 25, 2008, 01:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Sorry this offer is only available for members in Australia.

I have been able to arrange a special subscription discount on "Creative Photoshop" magazine for OPR members of 65% off the cover price.

If you are interested in this offer email me at   [email protected]   and I will send you the link and code.

It may be worth checking it out at your newsagent and see if it would be useful to you, even if you don't use Photoshop many of the techniques would still be usable in other editors.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Hannie

Max, does part time Aussie count?  :halo:

(We missed you!)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Thanks for that Max. I'll have a look in the newsagents and see if I can convert it to use with mine. Then I'll take you up on that offer. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Unfortunately no Hannie, half Eskimo would be OK as long as you live in Aus, they don't post overseas.

Check it our Tess, its cover most aspects of PS not just photo enhancing, I bought it because it had a tutorial on airbrushing, and so far I had found the airbrush as much use as mud boots in the Sahara. :-[

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

Hannie

I feel the same about the airbrush, Max!  So I trying out some of the tutorials that have been posted lately to brush  :D up on my knowledge.  Would love to be able to use it more.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

I hope you don't have to be Aussie to participate in this thread  :)  I just wanted to encourage you to work with that airbrush whenever possible.  Unless I'm using one of my "fancy" brushes I use the airbrush about 90% of the time.  If you're having so much trouble try using a size 2 times larger than what you think you need, set the opacity low, anywhere from 5 to 10% and build the color up gradually in passes, after you get use to the brush you can play with the opacities.  Usually the stronger the color the lower the opacity. An eraser set to about 50% works good to blend away the edges if needed and of course an eraser full throttle to clean up any overspray.  It's kind of like painting with a spray can of paint. 

Mary  :hug:

Ausimax

Thanks for the tips Mary, I really will have to try to use it more and learn its benefits, but now you have truly scared me, every time I use a spray can I get great paint runs everywhere! :-[

Max

mschonher

Max, maybe the spray can comparison was not quite accurate on my part.  Don't be afraid, just practice on a new layer that you can throw away.  What have you got to loose?

Mary   :)

Ausimax

OK, folks, don't knock me over in the rush, seems like no one likes a bargain, this offer is for 1 years subscription (6 issues) for $29.95 the cover price is $14.95 x 6 = $89.70

Max

Tess (Tassie D)

Max I will take you up on the offer, thanks. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Max, your pep talk seems to have worked, maybe I should try the same approach to get the last of the photos picked in my gallery!   ;D

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

lol I say yes and Max does a runner.  :knuppel:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Sorry Tassie, was away catching up on the soaps on telly, have PM'd you the details. :hug:

Hannie, I don't think the same approach will work with badly battered photos, you will have to think of something more innovative. :funny:

Max

Hannie

Innovative, I can  do that!  All who go for Max's Amazing "Creative Photoshop" magazine offer will get an exclusive complimentary photo to restore (from my gallery of course)!    ::)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]