• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

OPR In The Classroom

Started by Mhayes, July 12, 2008, 10:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Several weeks ago Hannie had a request from Jeanne, an OPR member, who is a photography instructor for Salisbury University in Maryland. She wanted the chance to have her beginning students do some restorations for OPR. The university is looking at adding an in-class restoration for their Intro. To Digital Photo class.

We are delighted to have students involved with OPR and Jeanne is going to document the progress of her students. Some time ago I remember seeing a TV news clip of a classroom in Oklahoma working on restoring some of our Katrina photos. In the past we have had students helping and recently Chris with the help of Marge R.'s PhotoShop Element class were restoring photos for us. To all of our student volunteers—Thank You!

Today I had lunch with my close friend and former PhotoShop instructor. She said that she wished that she had known of OPR when she was teaching both the beginning and advance PhotoShop college classes. If any of you know of a college or university that might be interested in restoring photos as part of a classroom project, let me know.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Margie, I will have serious look around, it could well be that colleges over here may be interested in such a project.  I will need to compile some sort of letter that I can send out first... ::)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]