• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

That darn cat!

Started by Kenny, July 07, 2006, 09:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

I was in the middle of working when my cat jumped on my keyboard   :D

I shoo'd the cat and went back to work, only to find that my healing brush no longer worked. I checked the settings and nothing seemed to be changed. I was about to go nuts trying to figure out what was wrong when I noticed I was in quick mask mode. I guess the cat stepped on the "Q" key.  ::)

Kitty around the house = good
Kitty on the keyboard = bad

But why is the rum gone?

Veronica

milanab

i just got through building mine a ramp to the basement window about 6 feet up.  he rolls on his back and flips so much now i am afraid he will fall off.  ::)
without faith...there is no hope

glennab

Hey Slasher:

I can certainly relate!  I have 12 rescued cats.  They love to be with me when I'm in my office working on the computer. Keyboard walking is a constant (thank you, thank you thank you for the undo key!).  I also have 2 fur girls who sit on the back of my office chair and groom my hair while I'm working (makes for some interesting hair styles!).

A favorite stunt is barfing on my printer -- hence I have it draped with a water-proof baby bed cover that only comes off when I'm printing and on guard!

Love 'em to pieces!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Kenny

Barfing on the printer....dude that's more info than I needed  :D

haha, just kidding. If it weren't for my pets (2 dogs and 3 cats), it would be pretty boring around here.

But why is the rum gone?

glennab

Slasher --Sorry about the TMI syndrome.  But then, I could write a book about cat antics, and some of it would be pretty gross.  I've rescued and found homes for over 70 cats in the last 10 years.  The 12 I have left are the unadoptables, and they do make life interesting!

When I was a kid we had to get rid of a cat I adored, because my brother was terribly allergic to him.  I swore that when I grew up I'd have as many cats as I wanted.  One must be sooooo careful about what one wishes for!
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

milanab

mine is a stray too, when he showed up he was skin and bones had a wound in his paw and had tape worms....but he's all better and a real love bug.  he is an inside kitty....being a warrior keeping mice out of my basement...i just cleaned up a real mess from a mouse and roof rat invasion.  kitty is my peace of mind at night.
without faith...there is no hope

happyheart

I do them one at a time....mainly due to wanting to keep my husband of 38 years!  Wheneve it is time for another, I always go to the local pound and adopt one that is 3-5 years old.  We've lost two to various types of cancer, and now have our third 'little friend'.  She thinks she is Siamese, even though she's not.....talk about CATTITUDE!  As you can see from my avatar, she hangs over everything, but especially likes the back of my chairs!
If it's artsy or Photoshop, I'll give it a try!
aka Betty

glennab

Actually, those darn CATS! (I'm owned by 12 rescues)

Here's a new one.  I just got  home from an evening out with friends, and went to my office to check e-mail, etc.  Both of my computers were OFF.  I keep them both asleep when I'm not using them.  Here I am with a brand new computer and an old one from which I still have files to transfer, and neither will boot up.

A frantic search revealed that one of my fuzz butts had stepped on the power button to my UPS and shut everything down. I guess that could be called a genuine cat-astrophe!

I so love my kitties!  They so complicate my life!

Have a great Sunday, guys!

GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

We are currently living in a small studio apartment above our garage, until our house is finished, which should be next month.  As such, I am unable to keep my cat off my desk.  If he's not jumping up on my desk trying to crawl behind the monitor, he's sleeping under the light.  When we get into the new house, I will have my own office with doors!  I will then be able to keep this crazy cat off my desk!  I've attached a picture of Winchester sleeping on my desk.

Christine

OPRAng

Should we register Winchester as an official OPR volunteer?
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

cmpentecost

yes, I think that's a good idea!  His user name can be "Pest"!  I think I have more kitty footprints on my Wacom tablet than I do finger prints.  That, and cat hair!

Christine

glennab

Hi Christine

Winchester is gorgeous, pest or no pest!  I'd love to nuzzle that tummy!

Maybe we should register our "helpers" as OPR mascots.  I'd add mine to the list: Aaron Neville, Aurora, Midge, Patches, Star, Smudge, Scooter, J.J., Smoke, Hemi, Sniffles and Sara.

Here's a montage I made to use as wallpaper at work, so I don't miss them too much when I'm not home.

One can never have too many cats!

GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Winchester is a blue point Siamese.  A beautiful cat, but cross-eyed and fat!  Your montage is great.  Looks like you've got some pretty cuddly kitties as well.  I do have one other cat, Adja, a 17 year old blue point Siamese, with kidney disease.  He remains an great and affectionate cat but is just getting old.  I think he sleeps 22 hours a day!

Christine