• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Another PageM upload

Started by glennab, April 11, 2008, 11:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi Jan

I've just uploaded my latest PageM restoration.  Let me know if there's any problem.  PhotoShelter notified me that the upload was successful, so unless I hear otherwise I'll assume you have it.  Now on to the next monster!

Cheers!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Jan emailed me yesterday saying that she and her husband were going to the New Orleans Jazz Fest, and she was heading out without her computer.  The only problem was they were going out on American Airlines.  However, I've not heard anything from her, so I have to assume their flights were successful.  Considering American has grounded half its flights, it's hard to know!

Chris

glennab

Chris, I hope they're not stuck in Outer Pungo because of the airlines.  The New Orleans Jazz Fest!  Wow, that has to be the best.  I can only imagine how much more impact it has on N.O.'s citizens and visitors since Katrina.

I've requested another restoration from her gallery.  Should I ask for one in yours or Margie's while she's gone, or can you retrieve my choice from Jan's?  I get antsy if I don't have one here to work on.  I'm totally addicted!

I got a lecture from one of my closest friends last night that OPR has taken over my life and I'm neglecting everyone and everything because I'm so involved.  My response was "And your point is...???"  I wonder if any of the rest of you are dealing with the same thing.  I find that so many people in my life truly resent my passion and time spent on OPR.  Thank goodness hubby isn't one of them.  I tend to be a bit of a loner anyway, because I'm so sensitive that constant contact with people can get painful for me.  That hasn't changed.  Yet my co-workers, bosses, and friends act as if I'm "cheating" on them.  I appreciate that I'm important enough in their lives that they want my full attention, but it's hurtful that something that gives me so much joy is an annoyance. As Lon would say (this is from his Viet Nam days when something was happening out in the field and no one knew how to handle it.  They'd radio this message.) "What the **!!??@#, Over!"

Gads, I do ramble.  Better go get those neglected chores taken care of!

Cheers

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Hi Glenna,

I sent out the photo that you requested.  I didn't want you to get bored!

Chris

Hannie

Quote from: glennab on April 12, 2008, 11:12:03 AM...I got a lecture from one of my closest friends last night that OPR has taken over my life and I'm neglecting everyone and everything because I'm so involved...
Glenna, maybe you can suggest to her/him to get a life?  ::)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Slow down Glenna.  You have finished two monster pictures with gold confetti while I am still struggling with the first one (I am about 3/4 done areawise).  And you did such fantastic jobs on both.  Go take some pictures with your new camera or make some nasturtium salad.

My addiction is not as bad as yours  ;D
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

glennab

Chris, thanks for getting my addiction under control so quickly.  Now that I've downloaded the new one I'm at the "What the heck was I thinking?" stage!

Shujen, you crack me up!  And your suggestions are great ones.  I have yet to take a photo with my Nikon, and the nasturtium garden has taken over the yard.  It's beautiful.  Some of it should be consumed!  Interestingly, nasturtiums are one of the few plants that aren't instant fodder for the gazillion insects who share Florida with us.  Maybe a shot of the flower patch should be the first one on the Nikon!

Holy crow, I wonder if my pal is right!  Should I look for a local chapter of OPR-Anonymous?  NAH!  I'd rather keep on keepin' on.  We're taking a break to go to a birthday dinner with our friends tonight, so it'll seem more as if I have a life!

Hannie, what's so strange to me is that my friends and co-workers are busy, involved people.  The only thing I can figure is that it's my PASSION for doing the restorations that bothers them (as I'm sure you've guessed by now, I'm seldom blasé about anything).  The specific friend in question is an incredible artist, my other very close pal is president of the local Audubon chapter.  Yet it was explained to me on no uncertain terms that my circle of friends is VERY concerned.  I'm just going to be grateful that they care about me and continue to push pixels in my "spare" time!

Cheers,

Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

You researched your camera, finally bought one, and have yet to take a picture with it???????    :crazy:

Chris

schen

See what addition can do to people  :funny:
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Ausimax

I don't know if OPR is an addiction or infection, I belong to at least 24 other forums, that I seldom ever visit anymore, my photography has dwindled to the occasional snapshot,and I feel guilty if I don't do some work on a photo every day. :-\

I keep telling myself that when I finish "this batch" I'm going to take a break, and get a life, then promptly order more images, just as well Margaret is supportive, I think she likes the fact it keeps me busy and out of her hair. :knuppel:

However that said, should anyone discover an inoculation against this disease. I would appreciate being notified!!! :funny:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Tess (Tassie D)

I belong to several other forums that I moderate on. I do visit them most days but spend more time restoring photos.
The house needs to be finished painting on the inside, gardens need weeding etc and the list grows. :) However I get fidgety if I don't have a pic to restore. Hint hint, check the galleries girls.  >:D
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

You mean....um...OPR is not the "ONLY" forum out there?  Wow...Just kidding.  I think belonging to a large number of forums makes us all a more well rounded person.

I belong to 3 forums...OPR, NAPP and Mpix.  Obviously, all photo related. 

Considering that I get to see all or most of the photos before they are uploaded to our OPR galleries, I have to admit I have drool stains on my monitor, of seeing photos I'd love to restore, but don't have the time.  However, I'm working hard on keeping a very strong forward momentum for OPR, so I guess I'll be drooling for awhile!

Christine

Mhayes

Wow, looks like everybody is really busy! Tess, fidget no more as there are two photos in your gallery.  :)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ausimax

Thats whats causing all the problems!!! Its not mold and scratches, its drool. :mad:

Control yourself Christine, we have enough to contend with now without drool --Yuck!  :knuppel:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

mschonher

It's so great to hear about everyone else's addiction to restoration. I thought there was something wrong with me. I'm always going to take a break after my last restore but then I just can't stop myself from choosing another and then another. Does anyone else out there suffer with stiff necks, aching backs and eye strain?  Even that doesn't stop me. Maybe we do need a 12 step program of recovery. Chris, you can come to the meetings if you remember to bring your drool cup and bib!  :crazy:

Mary