• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Question about this one....

Started by Pelican, April 06, 2008, 06:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

I have to say that the "unknown" leg is minimal to the overall photo.  While I know we want to capture the photo as close to perfect as we can, I'd bet the owners wouldn't really notice any imperfections, if there are any.  For my 2 cents worth, make it look realistic and call it done.  You've done an amazing job on this Pelican, and you should be very proud of what you have done.

Christine

Pelican

Thanks Chris,
I wanted to say same something similar myself but was having trouble with the words.

If the only picture you have of your favorite nephew is a lousy, faded polariod, what do you see when you look at that picture? Your nephew, or a lousy, faded polariod? Its all about what the picture is worth in the eye of the beholder and ultimately, we are not the beholders. We just do the best we can to bring that beauty back.

Ratz

Well said Pelican :up: You've done an awesome job on this muck and I'm sure they'll love it!

mschonher

Hi Curtis,

I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth to these comments.  This photo looks amazing, when I look at the before and then what you have done, it's just fantastic. Chris has put it into perspective for us all with her comments.  The family will be so happy when they see this.  Wonderful, wonderful work Curtis.

Mary

glennab

Hi Curtis

I spent about 15 minutes this morning writing a tome to you about how totally DISSED I feel, and my computer shut down and I had to head for work before I could post.  (I'm kidding ONLY about feeling dissed! The ##@***!! computer really did shut down, and I haven't deciphered the UPS glitch yet.  What a pain!)

NO, I don't feel dissed.  What we do is so subjective, and while we all have different perspectives as to what we're seeing, the person doing the restoration is the one who has the best handle on what's really there.  My experience is that other volunteers' suggestions and observations are valuable in encouraging us to look at an image in ways we might not have otherwise considered.  I treasure that whenever I post a work in progress, whether I agree or not.  It's a wonderful part of our process.

You did a fine job on the restoration, and I agree with everyone else that this family should be ecstatic when they get it.

Cheers!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)