• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Question about this one....

Started by Pelican, April 06, 2008, 06:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelican

I'm almost done with this. Still has a ways to go but whats bugging me is "Where are they?"

It appears to be a boat like vessel but also a ride of sort. The damage pretty much covers whats outside. Seems like it should be water but it looks like a sidewalk.

cmpentecost

Wow, fabulous job on this Pelican!  My guess is a boat/pontoon maybe?

Christine

klassylady25

Looks like you're on the spot Chris.  My daughter's in-laws pontoon looks like that.   

Tess (Tassie D)

It looks like a boat with the top area being a bit of blue water with white wave wash?
Great job so far on it. :up:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Curtis, I'd agree that it's most likely a pontoon boat.  Looks to me like planking beside it, so I'm wondering if the boat is at a dock.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Pelican

Okay, thanks. That all makes sense. After looking through about 20 pages of pontoons I figure that the blue/grey area is part on the boat. Above that is just too hard to make anything out. I'm thinking I'll try some water and blur it a bit. We'll see how that looks.

Curtis

Pelican

How does it look now? I think its about done. The colors don't look right here cuz for some reason when I save for web, it changes the color profile. Not sure whats up with that. Its kind of irritating.

cmpentecost

Beautiful!  My only question is of the girl's knee on the right.  Her knee/leg looks a little "too" rounded for me.  However, I'm not sure how it looked in the original, once you looked at the channels, etc.

Christine

Hannie

Curtis, what a great job!  It is a wonderful photo. Until Christine mentioned it I didn't notice the round knee but she is right, maybe just shave off a little here and there to make it more pointy?  ::)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Curtis, this looks mighty fine.  A couple of observations: I think that on the people the transition between shaded and lighter areas could be smoother (mostly where you've  had to create limbs, etc. – the baby's leg, the leg you just "shaved." and the arms.) And I can't figure out what the thin curved, flesh-colored object is between the arm and leg of the gal on the right.  It doesn't look defined from what I can see on the original. It's too thin to be her other arm.  Do you think it's part of her leg?  The color is very similar to the shaded portion of her elbow.  I couldn't find any shape looking through channels, but whatever it is, in your final it doesn't look natural to me.

Cheers!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Pelican

I agree that that the knee looks a little round but it matches perfectly around the top. I have a highly exaggerated channel copied right under the working layer and it matches. However I can't see the lower part of her leg. I tried one of the possibilities I found in the mess. I moved her lower leg forward at a different angle.

Pelican

Oops Ctrl+s I have to do a whole bunch over again.  :mad:

laportelj

:up:
you are doing great on this and don't need any of my sidetracking comments, I look forward to seeing the finished restoration in the gallery.

Jane

Pelican

Glenna, please don't feel that I'm dissing your critique but I'm not certain what you're talking about when you say, "between people and shaded areas." You're not actually seeing the finished product. Since I upgraded to CS2, 'Save for Web' changes my color profile. The pic doesn't look right and I don't know why yet. I feel I'm at a disadvantage. I'm pretty certain from my processing of the channels that it is most likely her left arm in her lap under (not beside) her elbow. If not, her knee would be even rounder. Do you see what I'm mean? The Channels showed some very distinct lines. Yes, they could be just damage, but they made more sense.

And yes Jane. Its very difficult sometimes when to know that one should stop or go on. This pic was so invisible but yet seemed to be right there.

laportelj

Hey pelican  I was just pulling your leg LOL, I believe you are quite right about the position of those legs.
My visits with small children as of lately usually involve some sort of car seat for carrying... leading to my "preconception" of how her legs might be placed.   Besides that my placement made her look more like she was giving birth than having fun with that kid.

Jane