• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What to do with the shoes....

Started by Pelican, March 29, 2008, 05:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelican

This is pretty much ready except I hate the shoes. Any suggestions are welcome!

Hannie

Hi Curtis,

What a great job, I love how you rebuild the little boy, shoes look good too!  I see what you mean about the shoes, I think they only need a little bit more shading around the edges and bottom.  And then an overall burning to make them a little darker will make them stand out less.  (I did it a little too much)

:loveit:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pelican

Thanks Hannie,
I changed my shadow layer to hard light and added a little. At least they don't look like they're out of place so much now.

Did I go too far too? They look dirty...

Curtis

Hannie

Curtis, they look good now!  I don't think they look "dirty" at all, the bottom of the jeans are also dark (dirty) so that goes very well together.
Well done!  :up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Curtis, you did a wonderful job recreating the bottom oblivion of this photo.  Dirty sneaks?  Have you ever seen clean ones, except straight out of the box??  I think the only thing I'd do differently is figure out a way to get the lacing and detail area from the woman's right shoe and transpose it to the other one.  Even a lower opacity reproduction would make the shoe look a little more realistic.  I also think the toes of her shoes could be a tad more rounded (another possibility is to take the man's shoes, downsize and tweak them to look as if they fit her).  Small picks; great work!  You're amazing, even if you aren't REALLY Johnny Depp!

Cheers,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

Johnny Depp couldn't do half the restoration quality that Curtis does!!  :o) But then we're partial to our family here at OPR!!

Ratz

great job,Curtis :up:I agree with Glenna on the womans shoe but other than that, an amazing job of reconstruction!

Pelican

Okay! More fixing and tweaking.
Moved some shoelaces over to her other shoe, reshaped them some and resized her left shoe to match a little better. does it look done now?

Curtis

glennab

Hi Curtis

I'd still round and taper the toes of the woman's shoes a little, and then I think they're ready to go home.  Kudos again for a great job!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Great job Curtis!  I'm impressed!

Christine