• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I can't find his face and other little problems...

Started by Pelican, March 13, 2008, 08:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klassylady25

cmpentecost

The golfer is a woman, and she was a pro-golfer that was known by the photo owner.  Pelican, I think you have the reference materials to go with this photo.  I can't remember the golfer's name, but I wonder if you Googled her and found some more photos of her to look at.  Of course, I'm not sure how old this photo is, or how old the golfer is in the photo.

I specifically remember taking this photo in, because the woman met with me first, with all of these reference photos.  And, it's the only photo she brought us to be restored.  The photo owner was/is also a golfer, and this was obviously a very significant photo to her.

I'm not sure if this helps or not.  When we take these photos in, we tell the owners "we will do our best", but sometimes..........there is just too much damage.  I hope you can pull something out of the muck, but I will understand, as will the photo owner, if you cannot.

Thanks!

Christine

Pelican

That does help a lot. I think I got more out of some of the articles written about her passing this last year than I did from the few pictures I've found. Its enough to give me something to go by though. I'm off to chop. :)

Pelican

I've searched and searched and there is only one picture of Patty Berg (her instructor) on the internet that will even fit in this picture. I've plunked it in to see and I wonder if it will work......Cuz otherwise, I fear the picture is a loss.  :'(

cmpentecost

Pelican,

I think your research and effort on this photo is wonderful.  I can't imagine it being done any better.  I remember so well the owner of this photo talking to me, and having reference photos that would not offer a whole lot of help.  I truly don't know what else we could do, other than what you have done.  Based on what you have posted, it looks perfect.  Whether this is exactly what the pro-golfer looked like at the time we may never know.  However, we (you) will know that you did your best.

I know this photo was a struggle.  Thanks for all of your time and efforts to make it right!

Christine

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pelican

Thanks Chris, that means a lot and is kind of a relief!

As for research...lol. She was 5'2 and tended to be a bit overweight due to thyroid problems. She started playing golf when she was 14 and by the time she was 17 was winning major matches. She was in a car accident that almost took her out of the game and she was out for 18 mos but returned against the odds. She pretty much founded the LPGA and went on to win 57 professional tournaments. She was sponsored by sports brand name Wilson and traveled the country doing golf clinics where she was loved and revered for her magnetic personality and neverending sense of humor. She was the cornerstone of womens golf throughout her life. She passed away a few short years ago of Alzheimer's.

Thanks Tassie, I can't get your link to work but I did find a lot of pictures of her. The small pic I found very interesting and useful was this one where she's wearing the same outfit. I wish I could have found a proper cap for though.

Hannie

I just had to try some of the links that Candy just posted, hope you don't mind!
The wrong lighting gives it a cartoonish look doesn't it though!
Chris is right, you have really done more than you can expect from a photo that has as little details as this one. It should go home!

:up2:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

Curtis, this looks amazing!  She is looking right at the little girl! It's perfect and you put so much effort and love into this photo.  Congratulations on an outstanding job.

Mary

glennab

Curtis, whoda thunk this mess could be repaired and become the masterpiece it is.  Quite frankly, I think this reinforces the fact that you're a keeper!

Cheers,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

schen

Curtis,

That face looks so good in the restored photo.  Your persistence really paid.   
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Pelican

Thanks so much everyone. This picture was so difficult and it still needs some touchup before its ready for print, but this was what I needed to know. it'll be going home in the next day or two.

and I'm not going to miss it!!!

Thank you all,
C