• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Need some eyes and feedback.

Started by Pelican, February 26, 2008, 04:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelican

Quote from: mschonher on May 12, 2008, 05:27:52 PM

Hi Curtis,

I've been watching you struggle with this photo for some time now and I'm frustrated for you. What you have done so far is amazing.  You've pulled faces out of nowhere, you're amazing. I downloaded this last night and played around with the faces only.  I could not get the little boy at all, as you can see he looks strange and you did a great job on the little girl but I played anyway. I just had a pik about the mom's face.  I took away some of the detail and changed the angle of her eyes. I love your background and I think the colors are right on. Oh, I also gave the little girl a neck and put her hair behind her brother's arm. I know whatever you do in the end will be much better than what I've done.  Mainly I had trouble with the ladies eyes. She has her head tilted at a difficult angle with her chin jugging out a bit. I can't wait to see it when it's done.  And one more thing the golf photo is sooooooooo wonderful.

Mary
Thanks Mary,

This one has been a struggle. What you've done to mom's face borders on perfect. The kids look great as well, but here's my problem and someone tell me if I'm wrong, please!!

Let's say the boy is 35 now and he looks at a restored picture of himself as a little boy and its not a picture of him. The thing is though, I found his face. Under the black, purple, yellow an white splotches, I found it. Whats driving me nut is that after all of that, I'm having troubles turning him back into a human being. Right now he looks like he might be about to turn into a werewolf. This should be the easy part and its making me nutsoid. I love what you've done so please don't get me wrong. It seems I have reached a block or something cuz I haven't been able to tidy this up. And thanks too on the golfer pic. That one was a real challenge. This one is just frustrating....Grrrrrrrr

C

mschonher

Curtis, I know what you mean about the little boy. The harder I tried the worse he looked.  I could never have found the features that you have on this butt kicking killer photo.  If anyone can figure this out it's you my friend.
It's funny but I could feel your frustration through this forum.  Another thing, is the boy holding something?  His hands seem to be in a strange position.  I am happy that I could help with the mom's face.

Mary

Mhayes

Curtis, the hands almost look like there should be a dog between them, but there is nothing to indicate that. I agree about what you have said about the boy. I think Mary has done a great job, but on the boy he looks different and so much older. The little girl is very pretty, but she too looks different. I think this one would make anyone nuts! I wonder if the family would have a reference photo of the kids at that age?

Margie

P.S. The golf picture was great!
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Curtis,

What is the last name of the family that owns this photo?  Perhaps I can see if we have reference photos, or contact them.  It's worth a try.

Christine

Pelican

Hill is the name.

HillK_19_15_3x5

cmpentecost

Curtis, there are a lot of photos of the same kids, particularly a boy, from this family order.  I emailed the family as well, asking if the boy in the wagon is the same boy in the other photos.  I'll let you know what I hear.  If it is, then I think we'll have plenty of reference photos to help!

Christine

mschonher

Chris, what a great idea to get some reference photos! Curtis, I think that should cinch this photo for you.  Good luck Curtis.

Mary

Pelican

That could make all the difference in the world. Thanks!!

cmpentecost

Well, she wrote back and said she didn't remember the picture, but that Taylor is her son's friend.  I then emailed her the photo, so am waiting to hear back if it's her son, or her son's friend in the photo.  I'll cross my fingers that it's her son, as have a lot of photos of him.

Chris

Pelican

I think we might have a keeper! Thank you Christine for tracking down another picture of the little boy and many thanks to you Mary for all your help with this.

cmpentecost

Wow!!   :up:   Awesome job Curtis!

Happy Birthday too!

Christine

Mhayes

Great job Curtis! You really went the extra mile to bring this one back.  :up: :up:

Happy Birthday!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

jneil2

Hi Curtis,
I really didn't think it would be possible to have this one restored, so many volunteers had passed it by, like a poor little wallflower at a dance.

You have done an amazing job on this one, I thank you, and I thank everyone who helped you as well.  We are looking forward to some more great restorations from you,

Jan

Ratz

well done Curtis, this tutrned out very well :up:
And Happy Birthday too!

Tess (Tassie D)

Great job Curtis and Happy Birthday. :up:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]