• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The OPR Gallery is now open!

Started by John, February 18, 2008, 01:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

I am happy to report that we have finally opened the OPR Gallery where we can showcase the fantastic work that has been done by our worldwide community.  The gallery will be a repository for several types of collections.  As you can imagine, one of the most frequent requests we've had regarding a gallery is to have a place where we can display before and after comparisons.  I have set up such a place at the following link: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php?action=gallery;cat=3.

Please create a single image of your before/after with the longest side set at no more than 800px.  Upload the picture to the 'Before/After' gallery and it will be reviewed/approved and added to the gallery.

OPR thanks you for all of your continued work on these images.  We continue to get feedback on a weekly basis from the individuals whose lives you have so deeply touched.  

If you'd like to donate to assist OPR in covering operational costs, you can do so at this link: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/donate.html

John
OPR Site Admin

John

update, I'm going to scale the max size back to 600px on widest side for consistency... thanks for your patience as we tweak settings, etc!

Atlantis

Oh, I just resized the one you asked for from 1000 width (my default in B&A's) to 800  :-[ . I understand you want them down to 600 ?
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

John

Quote from: Atlantis on February 18, 2008, 03:02:47 PM
Oh, I just resized the one you asked for from 1000 width (my default in B&A's) to 800  :-[ . I understand you want them down to 600 ?

Yes, 800 creates some issues with screen sizing.  Thanks!

mschonher

John, this is a wonderful addition to our website, it's going to be so much fun to see what everyone is doing. You have done a fantastic job all the way around, opr is lucky to have you on board. 8)
Mary

marylou

Great work on the gallery! It will be really nice to see everyone's work!

I have one question. Is it possible to move my photo or for me to cancel it and upload it again? I made a mistake when I uploaded and now it's in the Biloxi gallery. Sorry for any inconvenience.

John

Quote from: marylou on February 18, 2008, 06:13:13 PM
Great work on the gallery! It will be really nice to see everyone's work!

I have one question. Is it possible to move my photo or for me to cancel it and upload it again? I made a mistake when I uploaded and now it's in the Biloxi gallery. Sorry for any inconvenience.

you're all set!

Ratz

marylou

Thanks John for moving my photo and for all the great work you do. :)

John

Quote from: marylou on February 18, 2008, 08:14:22 PM
Thanks John for moving my photo and for all the great work you do. :)

no problem; I changed it so users can move their photo to another gallery if they post it in the wrong one by accident.

Ausimax

Great work John, but!!!!!  :-X

Is there any way you can make it so we can cycle through the images in a gallery without having to return to the gallery thumbnail page?

You just can't please some people can you? :funny:

Its nice to have an area where members can showcase their work, as there are so many restorations that have never appeared in the forums, will have to see if I can find one worthy of inclusion.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

John

Quote from: Ausimax on February 18, 2008, 08:19:04 PM
Great work John, but!!!!!  :-X

Is there any way you can make it so we can cycle through the images in a gallery without having to return to the gallery thumbnail page?

You just can't please some people can you? :funny:

Its nice to have an area where members can showcase their work, as there are so many restorations that have never appeared in the forums, will have to see if I can find one worthy of inclusion.

Max

This is an option that will be activated once we know the gallery is going to work the way we want it to.  Thanks for the feedback.

Ausimax

John, I just uploaded a couple of photos to the gallery, they are both tagged "Picture Not Approved", does this mean there is a problem with them? Or are they awaiting approval? If so perhaps "Picture Pending Approval" may be more appropriate?

Forgive me for being picky, but I am a silly old fart with a low threshold of confusion.

Max

Its OK John, by the time I had posted my whine they were in the gallery. :up2:
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

John

Quote from: Ausimax on February 18, 2008, 09:42:44 PM
John, I just uploaded a couple of photos to the gallery, they are both tagged "Picture Not Approved", does this mean there is a problem with them? Or are they awaiting approval? If so perhaps "Picture Pending Approval" may be more appropriate?

Forgive me for being picky, but I am a silly old fart with a low threshold of confusion.

Max

Its OK John, by the time I had posted my whine they were in the gallery. :up2:

You're a tough customer, Max.  Let me see what I can do.

John

Max, 

Good suggestion regarding 'pending approval' syntax... I updated it and I agree that makes more sense.

Thanks,

John