• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The OPR Gallery is now open!

Started by John, February 18, 2008, 01:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

John,

You never ceased to amaze me what you can do.   :wnw:

Shujen
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

glennab

John, I'm with Shujen.  The gallery is a wonderful showcase for our volunteers' impressive efforts, and it's also a means by which we can admire the restorations that weren't posted on the forum before.  I love it and plan to spend a lot of time appreciating what OPR has accomplished in less than 2 years.  You've got a hit with this one!

Cheers,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

glennab

Hi John

Sorry, but I somehow managed to get my last before-and-after loaded twice – just in case you're wondering why it's there more than once.  No difference. Brain fart!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Atlantis

Uploading a second B&A I noticed an overview of what I had already posted AND a "edit" button. This makes me wonder if I can replace the tiny 600 (when the gallery was more restricted a few days ago) by a bit wider 1000 to get a better view of the changes. I mean only replacing the B&A without changing the title or comments. This might be a usefull feature in case somebody accidently uploads the wrong picture as well.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

schen

Atlantis,

Yes, it is possible to replace the image files.  Nothing is impossible with John mastering the website.
Shujen Chen

John

Quote from: Atlantis on February 21, 2008, 04:16:04 AM
Uploading a second B&A I noticed an overview of what I had already posted AND a "edit" button. This makes me wonder if I can replace the tiny 600 (when the gallery was more restricted a few days ago) by a bit wider 1000 to get a better view of the changes. I mean only replacing the B&A without changing the title or comments. This might be a usefull feature in case somebody accidently uploads the wrong picture as well.

Can you do me a favor and try to replace one of your pictures?  I'd like to see if it comes up in the 'approve' list or if it just gives you open accesss to update images.

Thanks!

Atlantis

I did. Above the old picture in editing mode it says "Your picture will not appear in the gallery to others until it is approved." And after choosing the bigger B&A it says "Pending bladibla ..." So yes, this is good because it's a treshold to prevent us uploading anything we like when changing an approved photo :funny:

kiska

Quoteit's a treshold to prevent us uploading anything we like when changing an approved photo

DANG!
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

schen

John,

I did replace all my pictures yesterday and they all went to "pending approval" state.   When they came out of approval, they retained the original dates and comments and all.  Great job!

And I am with Kiska.  :mad:
Shujen Chen

Ausimax

No doubt about it John is a whizz on this IT stuff. :wnw:
Now all we have to do is find a way to sneak him in to the OPR distributors laboratory so he can work his magic on the spot & grunge machine and convert it to produce pristine images. :funny:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Patre

John,
I mistakenly resubmitted the same image twice under the edit protocol.
The image is titled "Portrait of a lady". Please delete one of the images.
Thanks for your help!
Patre

John

Quote from: Patre on February 21, 2008, 11:07:45 PM
John,
I mistakenly resubmitted the same image twice under the edit protocol.
The image is titled "Portrait of a lady". Please delete one of the images.
Thanks for your help!
Patre

all set.

I'm glad everyone is excited about the gallery.  I think it's important to note that while I may have plugged it in, it is really powered by the incredible human spirit that never ceases to amaze me when I think about the time and love that goes into each one of these pictures.  So while there have been some kind words said about me here, at the end of the day it is really all of YOU who are 'whizzes' and 'amazing' at what is clear to me to be the coolest not-for-profit organization that I've ever seen.

:wnw: right back at ya

Patre

Atlantis

Suddenly I see huge stars appearing under the photo's. If we really want or need  rating/ranking can the stars please be smaller. They take away the attention the photo's should have in my opinion. If I had it my way I would take out the rating/ranking completely because I don't think that's what the gallery is about. I think statistics "times viewed" and comments are more than enough. It's a showcase not a competition.

Mhayes

I love the gallery!  :up: I do have to agree with Atlantis on the stars making it more of a competition than a showcase. It tends to give a lopsided view of whose work is the most valued. I would have nothing against voting on the Forum for a favorite occasionally.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]