• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Wedding Pictures

Started by Mhayes, January 19, 2008, 03:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mschonher

Hi Hannie, I tried to put all three photos in one post...I guess there must be a trick to it or I just have to do it one at a time.....
Mary

mschonher

Here's # 2................Mary

mschonher

glennab

Hi Mary

The overall color looks wonderful.  All I see is that in the last photo her bodice looks a bit blown out and in the two full-figure shots her bouquet and ribbon look less vibrant than the close-up.  With everything else looking so good, I don't know if it's worth it to try to adjust those minor issues.

I still wanna be like you when I grow up!

Bless

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kiska

Mary, maybe there's a size limit per post?
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

mschonher

Hi Glenna,

The bodice doens't show as blown out on my pc but I'm certainly going to take another look at it. Another pair of eyes is so helpful isn't it?  :cool: As for the ribbon It would certainly be less vibrant in the distant shots because it's further away from us viewers. Does that make any sense to you Glenna? I noticed that overall, the far away shots are much less vibrant than the close ups. Now I'm going to go check out that bodice...
Mary

Mhayes

Hi Mary,

I think you have done a beautiful job!  :up: You are correct about the difference in the close up being more vibrant than then distant shot on the ribbon. I checked both pictures and I think you are spot on. As far the bodice, I think that looks okay too. I did do a Shadow/Highlight and I could pull a little more of the detail out. I think what you see is as the photographer took it.

Another thing,  I work in Adobe RGB and that is considered the better profile for photographers. However, when you post to the Web, what looks good on your screen may look washed out. I have started changing the profile of what I post to the Web as srgb and also increasing the Saturation to look closer to what I have on my screen.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Great job on those lovely photos Mary. I did some adjustments to get the colours more vibrant and remove the brownish tint around the veil.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

Hi Tassie,

I love what you did to the skin tones! It looks better than what I had. I'm going to re-work the photo again. The background now looks all black, I was trying to keep the brown tones in as they are prevalent in all of the photos. I was thinking that the brown color in the background looks very rich and interesting than just flat black. Also, I'm afraid of getting the dress too white, I'm not sure how it would print out. I always worry about getting the photos too "contrasty" as it can get harsh at printout time. I do love the color of her skin...Thanks so much for your great input.
Mary

mschonher

Hi Margie,
Thanks for the kind words, however I'm going to rework the skin tones to look more like what Tassie has, they are cooler in color than what I've done. I have a question for you about the backgrounds in all of these photos. There is definitely brown in the background, I doubt it's a color cast of some kind. I have many books and catalogs on backgrounds and I've seen this particular one many times before. I know you were concerned about there being continuity in the photos, so my question is this; should I leave the brown in the background of the close up that Tassie worked on or leave it  more contrasty and black?
I'm using RGB color space also. It's very confusing to know which setting will give us the very best output. I'm open to any advice on this matter. I will use more contrast in these pics if you think they need it.

Mary

schen

I like the warmer color.  The cooler one makes me shiver especially when the temperature outside is below zero F.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Tess (Tassie D)

I like the rich brown background but was surprised to find a different one when I ran it through the kodak filters. It's just a rough go, would need warming up a bit. I copied the brown background as well and overlaid the adjusted photo into it and sent it behind the top layer. The bride then looked the same as in this pic below but with the brown background.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

Tassie, have you thought about duplicating the photo, running the background through neat image so that the background is a bit less textured then erasing the old background? 

Hope that makes sense to you?   :P  You've done a great job on the bride.  She was a beauty!!

Mhayes

Tess, I love what you have done with the backdrop, but I really believe in all of the pictures the backdrop is more of a warm chestnut color. Mary, I personally like the warm tone compared to the cooler one. As far as tweaking the skin and veil, that would be your call. I think on the sheer part of dress on the bottom, the brown color of the carpet is going to show through. The background on all of these wedding pictures is pretty consistent. Not that this is the final tweak, but Curves and auto took out the color cast. I have done Levels and also Threshold, but the problem on the latter is that I don't think you are going to find a true black in some of these. If you use a dark brown and call it black, it will shift it to another look.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Quote from: klassylady25 on January 21, 2008, 08:05:58 PM
Tassie, have you thought about duplicating the photo, running the background through neat image so that the background is a bit less textured then erasing the old background? 

Hope that makes sense to you?   :P  You've done a great job on the bride.  She was a beauty!!

It is the unaltered background here, only run through the kodak filters to show what was the original behind the brown. No erasing took place. :)
I agree that the brown does look nice, just wanted to see what the original was like.
Mary has done a great job on them, I was just trying different levels.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]