• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Wedding Pictures

Started by Mhayes, January 19, 2008, 03:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I have added some more pictures to my gallery. Of those I have nine wedding pictures that I would like to go to one person. The reason for this is that I want them to resemble each other in color. These pictures are easy and the damage is limited to the background. The color should also be easy to correct by using a Curves Adjustment>Auto.

If you would like to work on these, please let me know by email: [email protected] or if you prefer you can leave a comment on one of the pictures. Once I know that you are interested in doing all nine; I will download them to your gallery. This will save you having to go to each of the nine and leaving a comment.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mschonher

Hi Margie, I would love to do those wedding photos. I've worked on many wedding photos and I really enjoy doing them.....Mary :loveit:

Mhayes

Thanks everyone, the pictures have found a home.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

klassylady25

http://www.photoworkshop.com/adobe/softwarecinema/Katrin_Eismann/index3.html

This link will help you with the a consistant color for all.... The part I'm talking about is located towards the last.  It's a real winner!! 

Candy

mschonher

Hi Candy,

Thanks for the link, for some reason I cannot get to it today but I'll try later on. It might be busy right now. Is this something you download or just an article to read?

Mary

klassylady25

Mary, its in Quick Time.  That may be the reason.  It is a "viewing" only.   However, it is by Katrina Eismann if that helps.

mschonher

Hi Candy,
no matter what I've tried I can't see this tutorial....oh well, I guess I'm left to my own devices.............yikes......... :-\

Hannie

This is what you need to watch the tutorial Mary.  (I use the one without iTunes)

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Candy,

I have the same problem as Mary, only worse. When I hit the space bar to get it to play, I get a few words and then my computer gets hosed up, and then I have to do alt delete to get out. Maybe there is a way to download to your computer and then play it from there? I did get the idea that the tutorial is from Katrin Eisman's book Photoshop Restoration & Retouching, Chapter 2, on page 65?

The reason I asked for one person to do all the wedding pictures involves more than the method used to get a consistent color. I can depend on a good restorer having all of these pictures match. However, if I have four or five people working on the pictures, I am apt to have that many color variations. Not all of the restorers out there work in the same color space: Adobe RGB versus sRGB. The Coffeyville pictures are saved with an Adobe RGB profile, but later come back saved in sRGB. There is also the problem of how the person's monitor is calibrated. One person may see a color cast that is not present on another's monitor.  And so the list goes on.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mschonher

Margie, Thanks for that information. I'm not going to worry about seeing Kats video, my pc got locked up too. I'm wondering one has to purchase and upgrade, does anyone out there know?
Mary

glennab

Hi Mary

It's nice to see you on the forum.  I checked my version of Quick Time this afternoon, was advised that there's an upgrade, and downloaded it free.  I believe the software itself is free as well.  I had problems with anything internet related until I got my Mac Pro.  If yours is an older computer or you have a slow internet connection, I suspect you'll run into those roadblocks.  I sure did with my G3.

I watched the Katrin Eismann video (a great one! Fleshes out the tutorials in her book.).  The part that I think would help you most is the one concerning adjustment of multiple photos, each with the same color cast.  It's pretty straight-forward. Use one of the photos as your "template," make an adjustment layer to color correct with levels or curves, then once you're happy with the color, copy (drag and drop!) the adjustment layer to each of the other images.  They immediately take on the same correction as the first photo.  Then if any of them needs further tweaking, it would most likely be minimal.

I'll be interested in how well it works for you.

Hugs!

Glenna

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

mschonher

Hi Glenna,

I use a PC, the part that has me confused it that I already have Quick Time so an upgrade should be pretty easy. I also have a high speed connection, I really just gave up yesterday. Last week my PC crashed for the very first time, it's probably 4 years old now but it's a Dell and this is the first time I've had to completely dump everything and re-install it. What a nightmare! I'm wondering if this has anything to do with not being able to upgrade QT? I'll probably try once more today.

That technique you mention sounds interesting but I'm not sure I'll try it with these particular photos. I've already got 3 of them done, they are a relaltively simple fix, at least so far, but ya never know! Also I'm downloading just 3 at a time because I don't like to have too much on my pc at one time, it slows down PS. This is what happens when you are self taught! Good to hear from you my friend......

Hugs right back at ya....................Mary

mschonher

g[/IMG]ne.jpg[/IMG]

Here's what I've done so far......see what you think about the color corredtions.................Mary

Hannie

Mary, I can't see the image you posted, you'll have to try it again.... :huh:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

one.jpg[/IMG]

O :-[ne more try at trying to show you what I've done so far!

Mary