• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What is she wearing.

Started by Tess (Tassie D), January 13, 2008, 05:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

Assuming this is a graduation photo of some kind, what is the woman wearing? It looks like I can see the bottom half of her legs, like she's wearing 3/4 length trousers? Am I seeing things?

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Tess (Tassie D)

Thanks Kiska, that makes sense now. I'm thinking surely she wouldnt wear trousers. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

I am guessing that she got her Master's degree because of the hood (the gray thing across the neck).  The sleeves will have a pouch dangling under the cuff.

As the calves and the dress under the gown, I agree with kiska.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

cmpentecost

Should the hood (gray thing across the neck) be white???

Christine

Tess (Tassie D)

Thanks everyone for the input. Chris I'm not sure about the grey. It's not in a damaged area so i left it as is.
Here's the WIP, comments-crits please. It's 5x4.5.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Tess, great job! Although I would have thought the hood should be white, the grey color appears correct. There is another picture of her in gown outside in the bright sun, and it is a lighter shade of grey due to being over exposed. I ran a curves adjustment layer on it and the numbers support it being a neutral color. Plus, as you said there is no damage in that area.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

The hood typically has a color signifying the discipline around the neck and school color(s) lining behind.  According to the website below, gray is veterinarian science.

http://graduationcapandgowns.com/mastershoods.html
Shujen Chen

schen

Come to think about it, one would probably not getting a master's degree in vet sci.  The hood could be light blue for master's in education.

You did a great job on her legs and his pants.  I would suggest that you blur or smudge the margin a little to blend them in.

The red below her left hand could be the gap between the sleeve and the body:

Shujen Chen

Tess (Tassie D)

All done, blurred and sent home, thanks everyone. I left the hood as it was, they'll know what colour it was.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Quote from: schen on January 13, 2008, 11:30:37 PM
Come to think about it, one would probably not getting a master's degree in vet sci.  The hood could be light blue for master's in education.

or silvery white for Oratory (Speech)... 8)
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]