• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

How many.

Started by truckersau, January 07, 2008, 03:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truckersau

In light of Glenna's new thread, and me being such a curious bloke. I was just wondering how many restores other members have compleated.
I'm sure there would be others up around that number, and disserve recognition for reaching that milestone.

klassylady25

Ok, I'll pipe in.  There were 5 before OPR brought this website online.  I saw the call through RetouchPRO and have been hooked ever since.  Since then I have done 84 + 5 = 89.  And there is no telling the countless numbers I've done outside of OPR.  I put my help in when I can through DPReview, RetouchPRO, Flickr, and Military.com.  Ray, you can sure tell them that Flickr is a great field find older pictures to work on can't ya!?

That's my story.     :D

schen

I am the newbie here.  Got my first one downloaded on April 30, 2007 and I have completed 35 so far.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

truckersau

I suppose I better put my bit in here to.
I joined OPR in September 07, and have completed 52 to date.
Yes Candy, Flickr is a great place to find old photos to work on, that's where I started with just fixing up photos.

schen

We need to have another title for the "most productive restorer" and Ray could be the winner.  I noticed that Ray kept turning in finished photos around Christmas and new year while I was slacking off and only did three through the holidays.
Shujen Chen

Tess (Tassie D)

I think it's about 112 since June 07. 116 in my invites gallery so that would account for 3-4 I gave up on.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

Quote from: schen on January 07, 2008, 04:44:35 PM
We need to have another title for the "most productive restorer" and Ray could be the winner.  I noticed that Ray kept turning in finished photos around Christmas and new year while I was slacking off and only did three through the holidays.

Naa, wouldn't work.  A lot of us turn things in and never post a "I've sent it in note."  :o)

cmpentecost

Just so you know, I've actually been working on some photos, and will plan to post them when they get to a stage that I'll want feedback.  I'll never catch up to any of you for numbers restored, but on the other hand, the top producers are helping to keep OPR going!   :up:

Chris

schen

We lazy ones will always have the excuse that we are aiming for quality  :P
Shujen Chen

glennab

I don't think anyone in this crowd is lazy.  Everyone does as much as they can (I've been in OPR since the get-go and may have done 10 or 15 restorations at most.  But I work full time and extra hours – doing publication and web design.  I'm a burnout!  And I grab the tough ones because I don't know any better!)  I'm in awe of our members who've completed so many restorations.  You're the best!

Hugs

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

truckersau

:( I didn't think this would result in the term lazy being used. :(
Personally I think everyone in OPR gives all they can, from the people that fix up the photos to the people that run OPR's operations in the background, (the ones we don't get to hear from), because without them none of this would be happening.

Hannie

I joined OPR in July 2007 and have done 36 restorations.  The funny part is that the most badly damaged photos seem to take me less time to restore than the better looking ones!
Even if a volunteer only restores one photo it helps (as long as there are enough volunteers of course).  I do admire the people that are able to restore as fast as they do!  The job would take forever without them!  :wnw:

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Quote from: truckersau on January 08, 2008, 04:21:52 AM
:( I didn't think this would result in the term lazy being used. :(

I was talking about myself.  I have two and a half weeks off around year end.  I thought I would be doing a lot of restorations for OPR.  Turned out I not only took the time off from work; I took time off from OPR too.   :P
Shujen Chen

glennab

Shujen, I was talking about you as well!  I think we all have to take breaks from intense work, even OPR.  And I'm not being apologetic at having done as few as I have.  I'll continue plugging along, do as many as I can, and feel rewarded at being able to do them.  OPR is one of the very best experiences I've had in my long, long loooooooong life– thanks in large part to the volunteers who are so devoted to the forum and our beloved admin who keep us going.

Bless

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Its OK for you Glenna, you get to go on trips and play in the gunk and mould, as well as restore photos, those of us who a distancely challenged only get to do restorations. :funny:

Max

OK I know there is no such word, but the proper ones didn't work! >:D
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!