• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Time to catch up with work

Started by schen, January 04, 2008, 03:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

I have been working on this one since last year.  I would confess that I slacked during the holidays.  Now I am trying to catch up with it. 

The head of the woman wearing the colorful Papageno dress was borrowed from another picture taken at the same time.  I cropped out the top, the bottom and the right to center the subjects and to avoid restoring the distractions.  Please help me with your sharp eyes and comments.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

I know exactly what you mean when you say you have to catch up with work!  I'm so far behind with all kinds of things, still found time to nitpick though...
Wow!  :wow: That looks great Chen!
You can't even tell the head was transplanted, well done. 
When I look at the faces of the other people and particularly the lady on our right I notice that they all have a bit of highlight on their faces.  I tried to apply some to your transplanted lady, do you think she needs it?

:loveit:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Shujen

What a wonderful restoration.  The minimal cropping doesn't detract at all. And your seamless addition of the missing head is phenomenal. I do like the vibrance of Hannie's color enhancement. Kudos for great work while freezing your toes off!

Bless

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

schen

Thanks Hannie.  I don't know why I did not do color adjustment on this photo.  It might not be my state of mind rather had more to do with the temperature of my toes.  After removing that yellow cast, the picture looks *COOL*.  We supposed to go up to the 50's (F) by next week.  Maybe I should sit on it for a few days until my head is warmer to do the color adjustment.
Shujen Chen

jneil2

klassylady25

Tess (Tassie D)

Here I was thinking how did he pull that face out of that mess? Teach me to not read all the post. :)
Great job schen. :up: I agree a little correction will bring the colours out.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

The little secret: I borrow parts from the other picture too.  :P
Shujen Chen

Mhayes

Schen, you did a great job! You can't help but laugh at the little one's expression on the right.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

I used to take family portraits for one of my wife's cousins.  She recently bought a DSLR and started doing them herself.  Last I saw her, she was complaining how difficult it was to get the little kids to pose properly.  Several weeks ago, I received a Christmas card from the Governor's Mansion.  I do like the charm of that nature light look.  But the little girl's expression was a bit too unpretentious. 

Shujen Chen

klassylady25

Um, I might have used another "p" word!  LOL   Makes no difference who you belong to.  :o)

Hannie

I love the expression on the little girls' face, it reminds of my oldest, she hated having her picture taken at that age and it showed!

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Charlene5

Katie (who is now 21) would have a complete meltdown if she knew I posted this picture, but it's one of my favorites of her as a little girl.  It reveals without words her strong-willed and stubborn nature.  It was taken at her pre-school when she was between 3 and 4 years old and she definitely didn't want her picture taken.  If she ever decides to get married, the prospective husband has to see this picture first to understand what he's getting into :)

Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Mhayes

MJ, how funny! Could she possibly be a chip off the old block?  ;)
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

klassylady25

:-*  I was thinking the same thing!