• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

For Margie.

Started by truckersau, December 26, 2007, 06:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truckersau

Hi Margie, hope you had a good Christmas. (But now it's back to work).
I have tagged 6 of your photos.
Could I have them all at the same time since they're all related, please.
Plus, do I have your permission to do a very, very minor crop if needed to fix these photos (IE: to straighten them). I will NOT crop any of them if it's not necessary, but if I do I will make sure the photo remains exactly the same as the original size.

Mhayes

Hi Ray,

Five of the 6 pictures are now in your gallery. Yes, you may crop if necessary, which I know on MartinC_A5_12_3x3 it will be. In case you are wondering about some of the strange shapes on pictures from this family, it is because the damaged areas were cut off by the owner. The owner was a sweet lady in her mid 80s who was quite spry. All of her photos were carefully cleaned off and sorted and placed on paper towels. The bad new is that she took scissors to the damage areas.

Yes, thank you we had a great Christmas. Hope Harley was able to enjoy his Christmas. The only bad part now is from eating too much and being stuck in the house because of the weather. Would someone please get Christine off of her fixation for more snow. Every time she hopes for more snow we get a blizzard.  ;D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Margie

Let's see if we can throw some Florida weather into the mix and possibly counteract some of the furious flurries brought on by Ms. Pentecost's passion for snow!

We had Christmas brunch in the sun room of our close friends' house with the glass doors open, and then after eating we sat outside in the sun on their patio and visited for several hours.  It was one of the most beautiful Christmas days I remember, and I've lived here since 1968.  I'd guess the temperature got up to 75.  We also had one of the most beautiful mornings I've seen in a while.  As we were driving to our daughter's house to enjoy opening packages with the grandkids the dawn brought pinks, purples and blues worthy of an award-winning photograph!  If only I were a photographer rather than a wanna-be!

My hope is that you all had as fulfilling and wonderful a Christmas day as the Boyettes did.  We agreed that it was our best ever -- and we've been together more than 30 years!  I'm taking that as a sign that we're all heading into an incredible 2008.  May it be so!

Many hugs to my OPR family.  You've made 2007 a wonderful year for me.

Glenna

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

truckersau

Thanks for the photos Margie.
Thank you, yes Harley enjoyed it the best he could under the circumstances, but it was far better then spending the time in hospital.
Ha, over eating, that's just par for the course at Christmas time.
I'll try to send some of our Aussie weather over for you ( but you'll need suntan lotion ).

Glenna, I'll second your statment.
QuoteMany hugs to my OPR family.  You've made 2007 a wonderful year for me.
Even thou I've only be here a short time, in comparison to some of the other OPR members.

cmpentecost

Well, just so you know, I got new cross-country skies for Christmas, so I'll be doing my snow dance as often as I can, so we get lots of the white stuff.  I just have to be careful though, that the white stuff ends in April, so we can get green stuff in May!!

Chris

Mhayes

Yes Glenna, please send me some Florida weather, or Ray I will take your Aussie weather and the suntan lotion as well!  8) The best I can do now is look at the garden catalogs that come in the mail and wish the snow away.

Oh, <groin> as I am getting to ready to post this, I see Miss Snow Queen has gone over the edge. I can see it now when it gets close to spring. Forget about the groundhog and his seeing his shadow. The question then will be whether Chris is still doing her snow dance.  :mad:

Best wishes to everyone for 2008.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Chris stop doing the snow dance or send it on down here.  ;D I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year. I'll most likely be asleep when 2008 rolls around.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

I'll take the Australia weather this time of the year at any time! 
We had sort of a white Christmas here, not really snow but frost covering everything making it look real pretty!
Glenna, I am going to try really hard to make 2008 our best ever, we need it!

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

truckersau

Hi Margie,
I have just returned your 5 MartinC photos.
I managed to do all repairs without cropping any of them (even MartinC_A5_12_3x3). I will be going to select more photos tonight or tomorrow morning, but at this stage I'm not sure who's gallery they'll come from.
Remember I have to share myself around. ^-^

Mhayes

Hi Ray,

Nice job on the five Martin pictures. You did a really great job on the MartinC_A5_12 photo!  :up: Mrs. Martin is going to be so pleased to see the restored picture with all the missing pieces back together.

Remember Ray, you may share yourself around, but us gals compare notes and post the results. Plus, we have Kiska  :knuppel: and The Hannah on our side.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

truckersau

Wow, what chance do I have.
QuoteRemember Ray, you may share yourself around, but us gals compare notes and post the results. Plus, we have Kiska  :knuppel:  and The Hannah on our side.

I've just tagged 3 more of your photos Margie.
Once again, I would like to reserve the right, this time to possibly modify one with a, I dare not use the word but I think you know what it is, it starts with " V ".
As you have seen from my last upload I don't modify willy nilly, it would be as a last resort.
The one in question is "MosesT_A6_18_3x3.jpg".
Thank you.

Mhayes

Ray, you really know how to bring in the New Year right! Those three that you tagged were the last few in my gallery for a reason--they were too pristine and easy for the rest of us,  :funny: I take it you mean V as in victory? This photo was hardly a photo; instead it was more like an image on a piece of tissue. What you might want to try, is to straighten the two children up and let the background be either a cream color as it is now, or even go white. That would keep you safe from the V. I don't know if you like using layer masks, but that would also help you clean up the background and unlike using the eraser, you can undo changes you have made.

It would be nice to see you post your progress on this picture and see what kind of feedback you get.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

truckersau

Thanks Margie.
Quotereason--they were too pristine and easy for the rest of us,  :funny:
I'm glad you laughed at that statement.
Yes I had intended to straighten the kids up.
And just for general info, when I do my little repair trick with placing a layer under the damage I usually do use a layer mask to remove the damage so I can fine tune the edge, and transparency of my repair, for better blending.
I would be more then happy to show a WIP on this one to see the feedback.
I just hope I can do this lot as much justice as I would like to.

Mhayes

Ray, after seeing the results of the others you have done; I have no doubt you will do these pictures justice!
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

truckersau

Margie, I've uploaded some photos for you today.
Thank you for your patients with this lot.