• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The Sky is Falling!

Started by Mhayes, December 10, 2007, 06:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

Just got home from work.  The temperature is hovering right at freezing point and the ice was not forming on the pavement yet.  Sigh.   :up:

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Tess (Tassie D)

lol My 11 year old came home from the school picnic with a white stripe on her forehead where the sunscreen went and the rest of her face was bright red. We definitely had the aircon going today.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Good morning,

I'm truly sorry you northerners are freezing your butts off. It's difficult to imagine the cold.

We went to a concert last night and didn't go inside until the last minute because it was about 70 degrees with a balmy breeze!  It was colder in the concert hall than it was outside. Total heaven.  I don't remember it ever being so consistently warm this time of the year but we're loving it (global warming?  we'll probably be fried in a few years!).  Sounds to me as if OPR's upside-down division is having fine weather as well.  I hope my Aussie pals are enjoying your climate.

The concert we attended was a holiday celebration, and it felt a little weird singing "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas!"  NOT!  We need someone to write a few tropical holiday songs!

Anyway, have a super day and stay warm, you Yankees (truth be told, I'm one, too.  I was born in New Hampshire, but don't tell anyone).

Hugs

Glenna

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

Oklahoma, Oklahoma City... My home was without power from Saturday night till now.  We have a BuckStove and that was the only thing keeping us and two dogs warm.  I'd even cooked on it.  So Glenna................ Pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt :P

:hug: Candy

Hannie

Candy, that's terrible!  Cooking must have been fun, hope you get the electricity back on soon!

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

We got ice coated snow here.  Fortunately, the rain tapered off before the temperature dropped below freezing.

Shujen Chen

Tess (Tassie D)

Sorry to hear you were without power for so long Candy. I'd go mad without the computer for that long.
I've been watching all the videos of the icestorm on youtube. I've never seen anything like it and hope I never do. The ice is so thick, wrecking the trees and power lines.  :(
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

Everything is back on.  Snow on it's way... and it looks like a war zone.  At least for the trees.  Our neighborhood was an older, more established... 1975ish... and so the trees were mature.  Now we have enough toothpicks for all for a while.  :o)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joshuarcraig/    Lots of water, just frozen.  I'll take that over Katrina any day.

cmpentecost

Wow Candy!  Those are quite the photos.  I'm glad you are back with heat, electricity, and online with us again.  It's one thing to be without power for a couple of hours, but for so many days would certainly be a challenge - both physically and mentally!

Chris

Charlene5

Glad you're OK, Candy.  I was thinking of you whist watching the news video of the storm.  I'm about 350 miles due south of you.  Yesterday it was 79F/26C.  Today the high was 39F/4C.  It is NUTS weather. 

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

glennab

Good heavens, Candy -- I've never seen the likes of what was in the Craig photos.  Exquisite and devastating at the same time.  Weather-damaged trees break my heart, yet those that were intact and enveloped in ice were like a fantasy!

I'm glad your electricity is back on.  It really is like a different world from what we're experiencing.  I'll endure the "raspberries" for being so obnoxiously smug (I love you, too!)!  I thrive on  our weather, but I'm concerned about what you're all going through up north. Be safe!

Warm hugs,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

schen

Candy, I am glad things are getting back toward normal there. 

Shujen Chen

Tess (Tassie D)

They are amazing photos schen, especially the 2 from the same spot. Such a contrast.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

Thanks Chen, I love your pictures.  Am not opposed to winter, just not in such close proximity.  lol
And Glenna, I'm glad the electricity is back on, too.  Funny thing though, every muscle is sore tonight.  I can only guess it's because of the cold.  Or maybe it's because I'm old!  Hmmmm  :wow:

ahhhh nope can't be that!   ::)

Hannie

Beautiful photos of the ice storm Candy but they also clearly show the devastation it caused.  Chen I love your photos, the last 2 are good enough to frame!

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]