• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What is this?

Started by schen, November 23, 2007, 10:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

This has been a real challenge.  Although most her facial features and hair were nicely preserved, the discoloring was severe.  On the top of that, there was transfer images of a map marking the locations of the studio franchises and get this - THE INSTRUCTIONS OF HOW TO PRESERVE THE PHOTO!!!   :mad:

At the lower right corner, there seemed to be one or two bend metal tubings (marked by green arrows).  I could not figure out what they are.  Please kindly provide your keen eyes and sage advices.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

klassylady25

Personal thoughts: they are artifacts. Go with the subject, ladder, and background. 

Hannie

Schen, it is coming along looking great!
I agree with Candice, doesn't look like it is very important to the overall result?

Hannie

(Candy, what a pretty picture you have for your avatar!)
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

It does look great schen. I would agree and go with the ladder and girl. :up:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Hi Schen,

I agree with the others, that looks like a studio backdrop so I doubt there would be anything but the girl and the ladder.

Gee, she looks familiar. ;D

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Ratz

I,m with the other also Schen, go with the ladder :up:

Max, I thought the exact same thing when I saw the photo!

schen

Thanks.  I was going to take the easy way out of making the part of the photo like the backdrop but was not quite sure about it.  With your confirmation, I feel much more comfortable doing so.

Max, I worked on her other picture from a different family and I remember her showing up in the light snow scene and one with the statue of the butcher.

http://www.oprworkshop.org/forum/index.php/topic,952.msg9146.html#msg9146
Shujen Chen

Ausimax

Schen I worked on her in two photos, with the large number of photos collected from each individual in the last copy run, some of these people are becoming more familiar than some of our family members.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

schen

some of these people are becoming more familiar than some of our family members.

In order to be sure they are the same person, I actually compared her teeth one by one  :)
Shujen Chen

Tess (Tassie D)

Quote from: Ausimax on November 23, 2007, 07:37:33 PM

Gee, she looks familiar. ;D

Max

She does. I had a look back and found 9 of her that I did. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

This got to be a very expensive laundry bill if she pays me to clean the letters off her shirt.  No doubt this is one of the most difficult restorations I ever attempted.

The very bottom inch and half was heavily damaged.  I managed to extract some details from the blue channel for her fingers and parts of the blue jeans.

I am guessing that she sat on the second rung, had her right foot on the floor and her left foot on the first rung.  But what is the "thing" by her finger tips of left hand?

Shujen Chen

Ausimax

Hi Schen,

You have it coming along nicely, the only thing I can suggest for the "thing" is that it is the strap for a bag, resting on the floor and she is just holding the strap with her fingertips, its the sort of thing women do, they will put their bag down but still retain a grip on the strap, even in seemingly safe circumstances.

My best guess.

Max

klassylady25

Isn't this the gal that likes hats?  Homecoming queen and all... perhaps it's another hat of sort.  How's that for another guess :o)

Hannie

Wow, that is starting to look great!
Chen, that thing could be anything, it is too hard to see in low res.  It could be a purse or a hat or a shawl for that matter.  I think we can rule out a pink tutu.
I'm sorry that I cannot be of more help!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

I'd have to go with Max here. I tend to do the same with my bag and it does look like 2 pieces of a strap.
Its looking really good. :up:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]