• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

To Ray

Started by Hannie, November 15, 2007, 08:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

Dear Ray,

This morning I looked at the at the calendar and saw that you had your birthday on the 11th of november and I didn't even congratulate you!  Goes without saying that I feel deeply ashamed about that  :-[

It is late but but I hope you will enjoy the cake:

Happy belated birthday Ray!!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Charlene5

Oh Ray I am gutted that we missed your day!!  Hope it was lovely and relaxing and you don't feel any older than necessary :)

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

schen

Better late than never.  Happy birthday.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

truckersau

Thank you all, for your birthday greetings.
Hannie, your cake looks beautiful, thank you.(about 50 candles short though).
Schen, yes mate better late then never.
MJ, I try to miss them too. But the grandkids won't let me forget how old I am, Harley the youngest boy is sure I was around before cars, and says that I'm an antique.
And yes, it was a great day.

Charlene5

Oh Ray I know that "antique" one!!  A few years ago my daughter Katie (who is now 21) asked me - quite seriously - how we cooked in the "olden days" without a microwave.  I guess from their perspective we're ancient although she likes the same music I did at her age.  Some of it she likes too much.  She has a Credence Clearwater CD that I've heard so much that I'm tempted to do the old folks thing and tell her to turn it down :)
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

truckersau

I think it's good that the young ones grow up listening to our music, it just goes to show that the music of our time is ageless. I think the youngest two have copied all my 60's & 70's music onto their computer in MP3 format and play it on their ipods.
Yes it's funny, the olden days without microwaves, automatic washing machines and how about the computer games and all the stuff they take for normal now.
I could go on for ages about the "olden days" but I won't, I don't want to bore all the younger ones on here.

Hannie

When my eldest was 6 she thought I used a slate in school to write on... I felt like a fossil.  ;D
My 3 girls also appreciate the oldies music, I had to make them copies of the new John Fogarty CD!   ::)
I think it's great!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Sorry I missed your Birthday Ray. :( I'm going to put everyones in Outlook and have it pop up on the day so I don't miss any more.
lol I remember telling my youngest we didnt have computers when I was her age. Her response was 'didnt they have electricity then'?  ::)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

truckersau

Thanks Tess.
The only draw back with that is the time zone thingy, here in Sydney we're 15 hours ahead of the forum time.
You did'nt have electicity either when you were a kid, you must be about the same age as me then.
:-[ Sorry Tess your a lot younger then me, I just checked the calendar.

Ausimax

Belated happy returns Ray, then I'm always a bit behind, I was wondering how everybody knew who was having a birthday, then Hannie mentioned "Calendar" and the penny dropped, only been using the forum for about a year and a half and never looked at the calendar. :-[

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

pcraft

Here's another belated Happy Birthday Ray....   Hope you had a really great day...   :)

Dave

Happy birthday Ray! We got you a present in the form of mildewed and barely readable image for you to bring back from the dead. Enjoy!

Dave

Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

truckersau

Thanks Max, pcraft, Dave.
Dave, Re: Your present, thank you. Your generosity, is only surpassed by your good looks. :P ; :funny:

Tess (Tassie D)

Quote from: truckersau on November 16, 2007, 06:16:04 AM
Thanks Tess.
You did'nt have electicity either when you were a kid, you must be about the same age as me then.
:-[ Sorry Tess your a lot younger then me, I just checked the calendar.

;D My daughter just assumed because we didnt have computers that we had no electricity to run them. I informed her that I wasn't that old, just that no one had computers at home then.
I run into the same timezone problem on another forum. I end up wishing happy birthday the day before for my US friends.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]