• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

WHAT THE....

Started by Ratz, November 13, 2007, 08:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratz

Hi guys. need your help and suggestions for this sofa
http://picasaweb.google.com.au/vickisewell/OPR02/photo?authkey=xhvPGyzYhfY#5132479935611631138
the rest of the photo is fairly straight forward but that sofa gives me the creaps!
Any ideas would be very gratefully received.
Thanks in advance
Vicki.
P.s...just scroll over to the next pic for the after shot :)

Ausimax

Hi Vicki,

Hard to see exactly what it is in the small image, plenty of damage, but I think it is basically a blue/gray material with a fairly heavy texture, you may be able to find a photo of a good material texture and make a texture brush.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Tess (Tassie D)

I see the plaid producer has been busy on this one. :) I'd clone out as much of the damage as possible and use an undamaged piece as a swatch for the hard bits.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Charlene5

Do an image search with the word "Olefin" - it's that bulletproof fabric that's used a lot on recliners.  It's made out of some sort of chemical waste and is very stain resistant - but in this case obviously not  :funny:
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Hannie

Hi Vicky,

I'm with Tess on this one.  I would roughly clean op the mold and white areas as much as possible and then use a swatch of undamaged fabric and clone at 75%.
Nice color correction!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ratz

Thanks guys, this one is giving me a headache :(
There isn't a lot to clone from. Even tried putting in a new sofa but that didn't work either.
Will keep battling on!

kiska

Don't know if this is what you want. Some texture, anyway. You might could clone or make a pattern from this. Then paint with light using 2 curves layers, one dark one light.

http://upload.pbase.com/image/88936568

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Ratz

Thanks so much Kiska :loveit: I can us that,I don't think the couch is too important and that will look 100 times better than what's there now!

klassylady25

That's why I love the oldies.... B/W  Ahhhhhhhhh no checks but LOTs of DOTS!!!!  :o)