• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Why We (OPR Volunteers) Do What We Do

Started by John, April 26, 2008, 11:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

To all OPR Forum members-

I've been associated with OPR for some time now, and have heard and read a lot of fantastic stories about the great things that this organization has done.  However, when Christine forwarded the OPR Board a recent email from Karen Hagquist, one of OPR's newer volunteers, we unanimously responded with one word...'Wow!'.  Please read the recent post that Christine has posted on the OPR Blog, it really hits home and describes exactly why we do what we do.  Karen has put so eloquently what many of us try to say but sometimes fall short.

Thank you Karen!

The blog post is here: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/blog/?p=37.  If you have a personal story that you'd like to share, please feel free to do so in the OPR forums, we'd love to hear it.

And if you haven't been in the forum for awhile, we currently have a team on the ground in Winona, Minnesota on another copy run.  We have a gallery set up that will be updated shortly with pictures from the trip!   Check it out!

Thanks,

John
OPR Site Admin

glennab

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing Karen's moving comments in the blog.  I read it 45 minutes or so ago, and I'm still in tears.  Every one of our volunteers owes it to themselves to read it and feel proud of their contribution to OPR (and to share it with other people who might want to join or are just interested in what we do and why we do it).  It's almost painful for me to say this (and you know why), but I can't imagine anyone saying it better.  What a bright spot in my day.  Inspirational and spot on!

Bless,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

pic-dr

Quote from: John on April 26, 2008, 11:47:06 AM
To all OPR Forum members-

I've been associated with OPR for some time now, and have heard and read a lot of fantastic stories about the great things that this organization has done.  However, when Christine forwarded the OPR Board a recent email from Karen Hagquist, one of OPR's newer volunteers, we unanimously responded with one word...'Wow!'.  Please read the recent post that Christine has posted on the OPR Blog, it really hits home and describes exactly why we do what we do.  Karen has put so eloquently what many of us try to say but sometimes fall short.

Thank you Karen!

The blog post is here: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/blog/?p=37.  If you have a personal story that you'd like to share, please feel free to do so in the OPR forums, we'd love to hear it.

And if you haven't been in the forum for awhile, we currently have a team on the ground in Winona, Minnesota on another copy run.  We have a gallery set up that will be updated shortly with pictures from the trip!   Check it out!

Thanks,

John
OPR Site Admin

I'm with the other members: "Wow!" Now that is one tough act to follow. I won't even try.
The most important room is that which is reserved for improvement.

pic-dr