• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Young Lady

Started by Candice, December 23, 2019, 02:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Candy, I would back up and go more with what you have done on your #8 & #9 posts. It's not that you haven't done a great job.  but now it looks totally painted. I don't mean that in a negative way, but rather the other 2 were hand painted over a an original photo. Those other 2 have more depth than your last one. I also realize that you are not finished, but think you have lost some of the original. I think she has a flat knit collar to go with her simple knit sweater--my thoughts. Like what you have done but am partial to the 2 previous versions.  :up:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Margie, don't forget that what I post is never the last of the last.  I always overlay the old over the new and continue to work with those parameters until I'm satisfied with the results.  These are pre - works.  I work to take out the damage and then slowly meld the old and the new. 

I still don't see the collar so you gals can show me what you see, that would help.  I just see the sweater being the older cardigan style.  That's the part I was working to bring back.  There is still much to do.....

PS.... Closing is set for the 31st.
Candice

kiska

I don't see a collar either. Just a ring of thicker ribbing and a couple of buttons.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Candice

That's kind of what I'm seeing, Kiska.  In any case.... I've moved on to my first overlay....  thoughts?

Candice

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Yep. Ribbing. Enjoying watching you bring her back to her glory Candy.
As for packing and moving ... you and Lynn both ... have you reached this stage yet?   ::)

Candice

Oh, my yes!  A week ago!! 

I've watched your silly cat and have enjoyed it so much!!  That's the way to tickle the funny bone!!  :funny:
Candice

Shadow

Good. Moving is such a huge task. Thought a grin or two might be appreciated.  :hug:

Candice

Candice

Mhayes

Yes, to the ribbing.  :up:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Thank you, Miss Margie
Candice

Candice

Candice

philbach

Your photo is a tough restore since the original was painted.  I think her left eye is not looking in the same direction as her right eye.  It appears to be a little off.  I am working on a similar photo and having my own struggles.  Keep up the good work.
phil

Lynnya

Hi Candy.. looking good.. I agree with Phil.. the eye on my right looking at the screen is sharper and darker..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

I get the same position when I overlay the original to my WIP.

Candice