• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Where to the hands go

Started by philbach, October 17, 2018, 09:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

Speaking of channels, I did not get very much help with them in this photo.  I do not know where the hands go.  Are they on her lap or off to the side.  Just wondering here is the original and one rendering of it.   :-[

phil

Lynnya

Hi Phil.. I think her hands are in her lap.. I think I can just see the color peeping through..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Wow Phil. Really nice! Was hoping to see this one here on the forum. Thanks for sharing.
It looks to me that the hands are positioned in her lap. Have you considered putting the dress texture back on the lower portions? Eager to see your final!

Candice

Quote from: Shadow on October 17, 2018, 10:52:08 AM
Wow Phil. Really nice! Was hoping to see this one here on the forum. Thanks for sharing.
It looks to me that the hands are positioned in her lap. Have you considered putting the dress texture back on the lower portions? Eager to see your final!

A bit like this Van Gogh example. 

Candice

Jo Ann Snover

Just considering basic proportions of the human body, I don't think her hands can be anywhere else but in her lap. Her forearms would have to be extraordinary to be so long as to take her hands out of the image.
Jo Ann

philbach

Thanks everyone.  I will proceed.
phil

Hannie

Great  job Phil, a beautiful portrait.
I wonder if it would work when you you extend the fabric of the top a little so the hands are not really visible?
Perhaps there is blue lining showing just a little in the openings of the crochet top?

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

philbach

Well before I looked at Hannie's rendering I produced this which I am posting now.  I cheated in the area around her left elbow.  To be honest, it does appear that her hands weren't crossed but extended as Hannie has shown.  Well I will post my rendering and see what you think.  The purple stuff and the ribbon on her left shoulder are somewhat mysterious to me.   ::)

phil

kiska

Phil, Phil, Phil. The ribbon is a fashion statement. :funny: :funny: :funny:
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

philbach

Gosh Kiska, did you see my cheeks turn a little red?
phil

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow