• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Communion Photo

Started by coopmj, June 19, 2018, 03:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coopmj

Ah, that wonderful feeling you get when you open a new photo and realize that this time you might have bitten off more than you could chew... :)

A couple questions before I even begin this one.  First, the color.  I was able to quickly get a bit more color out of this (and will continue to work on it) but I wondered if I should be keeping the original sepia tone? Second, there's writing at the bottom.  It definitely says "communion 11 years old" but the word preceding communion is not legible.  It could be the young woman's first name.  There's another photo in the gallery of a high school graduation and it looks like the name could be Josie?  Does anyone have any info on this from other pictures you've worked on?  Should I take out the writing all together? I've included the original, the version with more color and a screenshot of the HS picture.

I will become an OPR Superhero after all the posts I'm going to have on this one!

Thank you!

Mary

Original

WIP (with a bit more color)

Graduation picture with possible name at bottom

Bambi

I considered taking this one when I put this family in my gallery. If ever there were an heirloom photograph.... Usually we make sepia images RGB-BW. So that might be the answer.

I appreciate your bravery!

Hannie

Great photo Mary.
When the text is not legible you can leave it out, the owner can add what they remember to be there.
Your color correction worked pretty well, if you want to work in in B/W you can too.  The communion photo was colored by hand and you can add it later.

You already are a hero Mary and this only adds to it!
Lots of patience you will need, good luck!  :up2:
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Good luck Mary. Know it'll be great!

Lynnya

Yes good luck Mary.. look forward to your final.
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

coopmj

Ok...here's where I am.  I've got several choices color-wise (B&W, a light sepia and one with a little tint).  Let me know what the gang prefers and anything else you see that I should correct.

Thanks!

Mary

Original

WIP Black & White

WIP Sepia

WIP Tinted

Bambi

Mad skillz, Mary! This one's a treasure. I love the tinted version.

coopmj

Great, I like that one too!   :)

Mhayes

Mary, they all look beautiful and I would suggest to upload all. I have reservations about the tinted one because it is so similar to the original and that one was damaged by flood waters. So my feelings are that the yellow was from the dirty water and not the tint. I like the B/W and Sepia best.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

coopmj

Ok, no problem, happy to upload them all!

Mary

Lynnya

Lovely work Mary.. hard to choose  :up: :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Beautiful. Glad the distributor or QC have to pick the winner!  :up: