• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Posting Your Before/Afer in the Gallery

Started by Mhayes, April 14, 2012, 12:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I thought this might help those who would like to post their work to the OPR Gallery, but not sure how to start. I looked for previous instructions, but they were buried so far back that it would be hard to find. One question that I was asked and I couldn't remember and that was the desired size--600 pixels at the longest side at 72 dpi. You will want to create a new file and then use your guide to divide it in half and then drop your before/after in. Your may have to transform to get it to fit if you are unable to size down enough. Here are some screen shots that may help.

This is where you will first start on the Gallery page.

Do not be alarmed if you see this message with your photo. Each image has to be manually checked for size and making sure all family data has been removed. Once it has been approved you will see the normal 'picture approved' message.

Once you are in your gallery, you can start uploading. This is also where you can edit your photo or respond to comments.

At the bottom of your gallery is where you click to add a photo.

The default should be Before and After

One interesting thing that I found is that you can link to examples of your work in the OPR Gallery. The best way is to click on the photo to bring up the enlarged version and then go up and copy the address of the file at the top.

Example: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1023

Hope this help our newcomers and we look forward to seeing your work. Once you submit your work, please be patient as all photos have to be approved first by the distributor and then when you upload it may take a couple of days for your photo to show. This is not an automatic function and sometimes we get busy.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

jaytrumpet

Yesterday I uploaded photos (14) to the gallery for the first time. When I click on the link that says "MYIMAGES" I can view them but they have a note above them that says "Picture Not Approved." What did I do wrong?

Mhayes

Jay,

You didn't do anything wrong, but it takes time for them to be viewed, so that is why you got that message. Also consider the time zone difference. You might have to wait a day or two. This is one of cases where that gallery may only be viewed by a distributor once a day.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

jaytrumpet

Thanks Margie,

I just checked and saw that my images were "approved" and posted on the gallery. It was a bit confusing because in your screenshot example above it says "Picture Approved" above the thumbnails and there was nothing in the post about a waiting period for them to be approved. I thought that something was wrong with the images and that is why there was a "Picture Not Approved" message above the thumbnail.

Jay

Mhayes

Jay, Yes, it might have helped, but some times not all the basis get covered on a tutorial and that is why we have the forum when you need clarification. One thing to keep in mine and I see this on the gallery and also with getting feedback about  restores from the distributors is that all of us are volunteers and work around other things in our lives. Plus, I have received emails from volunteers wanting to know why a before/after was not in the gallery NOW without consideration of the time zones and maybe, just maybe that person was sick that day. I know you haven't done this, but for others who email me to see why we are not getting this done faster---please be patient, a day or so late isn't going to hurt.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

jaytrumpet

Margie,

I'm truly sorry if my post came off as being pushy or impatient, that was not my intent. I realize that this is a volunteer organization and the pace of things does not always progress at lightning speed.

For instance, I have requested images from photoshelter and been perturbed when in a few days I didn't hear anything. That comes from me feeling that I must have dome something wrong! When you are new to a situation like this it's difficult to do things in exactly the expected way; and the procedure, while it may make perfect sense to the organization, can be confusing to the new-be. Thank God for the forum where these questions can be answered and thank you Margie for taking the time to get people "on board" as smoothly as possible.

Jay

Mhayes

Jay,

I didn't take your comment that way and you have always been professional and great to deal with. What I wanted to get across is that sometimes I get emails wanting to know why we haven't acted sooner and would I please contact a certain person and make sure that it gets done. You have never done that and yours was an honest question and I appreciate those kind.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]