• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

sweet baby girl

Started by Oldfaded, June 27, 2011, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfaded

ORIGINAL
----------

--
RESTORED
----------

--
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5
Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2

Mhayes

Kate,

Baby looks great, but if you bring your magnification up to 200-300% you will still see mold spots on her dress and the yellow discoloration by baby's left hand. The dress on your left towards the bottom is a little blown out, but not enough to squawk. I think you have cutout baby and put her on a new background?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Kate, I see you have CS5.  There is this great tool, Spot Healing brush with Content Aware mode (default).  You can use it on the right side of the photo to repair some of the background, around the edges. 

Now you have a large area to clone/patch from to the other side. 
It is a lot of work but it will take care of the "cut out" look that is on baby's right (our left) hand and around her hair.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Oldfaded

Am I getting there? I think I shall take a break for a while and check back pink and white look the same...lol
------

------
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5

Mhayes

Kate, your first version was better. This one the colors look too saturated.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Kate, what I meant in my earlier post was to repair the original background and not select the baby and paste to a new background?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Oldfaded

OMGosh Hannie. Erm, ok, I shall try, do you really think there is enough background to reuse through out the entire background?
I have always used the background eraser and replaced the background in any photo that had that much damage, but just for you I shall give it a try. :))
but for now to critique while I play with content aware, you can gaze upon the new background here:
-----

-----
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5

Oldfaded

Ugh, doan know. Ive never done a photograph like that before.
As I had said the tutorial I followed had me taking out the background
and replacing it with a new one. but I did try.
If you want to take it back to the gallery to have someone else to it, thats fine by me, as this is the best you are going to get from lil ole me. :))
So you will have to take your pick and let me know ok hun?
-------

-------
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5

Tess (Tassie D)

Such a sweet photo. The background thats there Kate is quite workable. I just did a rough clone into the damaged areas then selected all the background and applied a gaussian blur to make it blend in where I had cloned the area. Others would have different methods on how they do the background.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Gorgeous background fix Tess!
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Hannie

This little girl surely is a darling, isn't she!

If possible at all we try to keep the original background, especially around the outlines of the subject.
I know, it is a lot to remember, perhaps this link to the Do's and Don'ts will guide you to see what we are looking for in a restore.
http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,1772.0.html

The detail image below has from left to right,  your restore, Tess's and the original.
Can you see the difference in the outline of the little girl's head and ear?  It would be great for the owner of this photo if we could send back a print with the same detail.

I can re list the photo if you want or you could give it another try?  Remember, Rome wasn't built in one day either.  ;)

Thanks,

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Oldfaded

Ah yes yes, Im a visual learner. Let me try another slap at Rome here, then we can see if I should just give it up. :)
love that term 'sweet potato'....lol
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5

Oldfaded

So heres my version of Rome building  :cool:
rectanguler marquee tool
select a space
right click
fill
---

---
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5

Oldfaded

Here is another try.
Please let me know if Im just not 'getting it' and  I should just give it back for someone else to try. I'd rather have it done properly and go on.
thank you
-----

-----
KATE
Old Faded Memories
-------------
Adobe CS5

Hannie

Kate, your latest version looks really good!
You toned down the saturation a little and that looks much better.  I wonder if the dark coloring on the right side (also in original is damage or shading?

I tried to lighten it some to match the other side a little more.  (my version my be a little washed out)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]