• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Proud Mom

Started by weewood, October 24, 2010, 05:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weewood

This is my latest restore, please let me know what you think! The faces are a little blurry but I did not want to sharpen them.

Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Mhayes

Hi David,

You really got a photo that is in bad shape, because even with color correction it is still not the best. Maybe because of age or it wasn't the best to start.  I think if you would do a Level's Adjustment and bring the sliders in on all 3 channels it would look better. Also, the foundation added came from somewhere else as did the sidewalk and don't really work. Try to restore as best you can with what is showing on the photo. The woman and baby look as if they are floating on the photo and it may be the result of the background grass. I know the ground is destroyed on your left, but try to use what is on the right. I would not color it green as a Levels Adjustment will show it is brown. Good job on restoring the woman's legs.

Kudos for working on this one!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Nice legs David!

I think the red part on the left is not damaged but a patch of the yard where there is no grass?
Did a basic levels and added a little contrast.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

weewood

Well its been awhile, but I survived a heart attack, phenomena and Christmas, and I'm back to get another critique. I basically started over on this one, I sure hope you like it better, and "Yes, Schen, most women have two legs"  :funny:

David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Mhayes

David, great to see you back and sorry for all that you have gone through. I have a feeling that your photo has already gone home.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Welcome back David!

The restore looks great.  Wonder if it is possible to show a little more of Mom's left leg?  A little like Shujen's example.

Thanks,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

Okay, I made the left leg more visible, and darken/textured the walkway. I hope it meets everyone's satisfaction, and that it can go home now! Regards, David

David J. Davis

philbach

The color and luminosity of the legs does not match the skin of the face of the mother and child.  That should be easy to adjust some on this tough restore.
phil

weewood

Picky, picky, picky! Just joking, I had to agree and did not see it! I hope you like this better. It looks like its more in line with her arm now. Regards, David

David J. Davis